Frustation

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by smartangel, Jul 24, 2014.

1. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am not sure should i post my question here but i really have no one to ask (feel depressed and frustrated now); so Any help is greatly appreciated!

Recently i try to renew my green card, however part 3 on the application form is really confusing, they are asking something like:
    1. Location where you apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
    2. Location where immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted
    3. Did you enter U.S. with an immigrant visa?
    4. Destination in U.S. at time of admission?
    5. Port of entry where admitted to U.S.

I Immigrated toU.S. 10 years ago in terms of a foreign citizen sponsored by a U.S. citizen relative.

Anyone ever renew their green card, can you help me out? thank you very much.

2. skoo78

skoo78 Active Member

I've never done this before but have clients that does. I suggest to go seek a pro-bono or free law clinic immigration attorney to look at your documents to see if you are doing it correctly. You may have to ask the person that sponsored you for the information. They should know and have those papers.

1. Location where you apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status

List the location of the U.S. Embassy or consulate or USCIS office where you filed your application for an immigrant visa
    or adjustment of status.

2. Location where immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted

List the location of the U.S. Embassy or consulate or USCIS office where you became a lawful permanent resident.

3. Did you enter U.S. with an immigrant visa?

If you entered the United States with an immigrant visa, you must list your destination in the United States at time of
    admission and provide the Country and State and City or Town where you were admitted to the United States in the
    spaces provided. Please note that some cities have several POEs. Indicate the type of POE where you were admitted to the
    United States such as an airport, bridge, or tunnel

4. Destination in US at time of admission?

meaning where did you get admitted when you came to the US?

5. Port of entry where admitted to U.S.

http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports

3. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

thank you very much for your help.