Food Thread

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Maverick, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Any pics of that place and the yammy food they have?

2. happychic

happychic Well-Known Member

I've never been to this place but its weird to think this place is so popular - i would personally find it too strange to eat food while sitting on a toilet

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

@wind2000: I know that place, but then it's a food court =_=b The only other good Thai food I've had in Montreal is up near cote-de-neige...

I guess I will just stick with Italian and French (and Schwatz) while I am in Montreal :p BTW, any good pastry place (preferably chain) besides Premiere Moisson? That's the one I usually go...

4. taichi_masta

taichi_masta Well-Known Member

omg, poutine is the best! That is the hidden jewel of Canada! Back in the day, I used to have it like 3 times a week...extra cheese, extra gravy! Man, those were unhealthy days...

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i..hear..montreal...got..the..best..poutine...iunno

but..ya....WHERES..MY...FOOOD?..........lol

6. hiake

MTL does, doesn't it? My favourite: La Belle Province chain! Their poutine is heavenly for chain store. HMMMM.

7. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Poutine is this a typical Canadian dish?

8. hiake

I would think so... It's one of the few Canadian dish I know for being very Canadian.

Particularly popular in Eastern Canada somehow.

9. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

When I was in Canada, I wanted to taste some Canadian dish. But now one could name me one.

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

gimme....to..dish...by...differnt..chefs....i..won't..even...tell..the..difference...i..just..eati..it.....lol..so..i..unno..wats..good..or..not

11. hiake

Well the thing is that poutine is not a very... well, fine dish. It's like sheppard's pie or something, you just DON'T see it served in any fancy restaurants =_=b

And West Coast is not so hot about poutine (for its unhealth value :p)

12. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Any good culinairy Canadian food? Food that is worth 3 Michelin Stars?

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

we...se...poutine...at..ACC.....but...its...not..that..good..the..way...they..make..it

14. hiake

Uh... Don't think so, but Canoe have game on their menu, and it's a great fancy restaurant which I, the broke student, cannot afford to go TT_TT except for twice a year...

kdotc's msg is funny... *giggle giggle*

15. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Ritz Carlton Cake Shop
    [​IMG]

IT DOESN'T sell savouries and it's not even a pastry shop - but this cake counter located just adjacent to the Greenhouse cafe is the hotel's answer to the many requests it gets from its sweet-toothed guests to take away its cakes and desserts.
    Pastry chef Terence Pang has done a good job of developing a range of eye-catching cakes and desserts, but the highlight of his collection would have to be the takeaway set of individual desserts served in tiny shot glasses. A set of eight costs $38 and if you want to impress at your next potluck party, this visual pleaser is made up of desserts like panna cotta with berries, tiramisu, passion fruit curd with scorched meringue and dark chocolate with pistachio cream and macaroon.
    Other hot-selling cakes include the almond frangipane tart, ultimate chocolate cake. The loaf cakes look good but the banana hazelnut cake is not recommended - its soggy taste and texture are a far cry from what you think banana cake should taste like. But the flavourless orange cake is supposed to be good. There's also home made cookies, chocolate truffles and specially for Easter, they've got heavy duty 2 kg chocolate eggs filled with a teddy bear and additional eggs for $158. It may be a sugar overload, but one reckons the cake shop's fans aren't complaining.

Ritz Carlton Cake Shop
    The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Hotel
    7 Raffles Avenue
    (S)039799
    Singapore

If you happen to be in Singapore, try the above :D

16. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Everybody knows Sushi, but do you know how Sushi is done in Japan?
    Here is a clip with all the Japanese habits :)
    This could be usefull for road-warriors or international business folk.
    [youtube]0b75cl4-qRE[/youtube]

17. fishfishchang

fishfishchang Member

i think.. i will only c...and will never eat the food... too....disgusting...

18. semkei

semkei Well-Known Member

okay am going to this weekend to sumo the great place of sushi hehehe and best restaurant in rotterdam i will make picture later.

19. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Food art

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]