Filiming Locations

Discussion in 'Can't Buy Me Love - 公主嫁到' started by lawplanet, Sep 12, 2010.

1. lawplanet

lawplanet Well-Known Member

hey, where do they usually film these kind of series? like the streets and stuff, this isn't in HK is it? just curious. thanks

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

TVB City 電視廣播城 (in Sai Kung District, Hong Kong). It's a specialized closed studio (meaning, generally not open to the public) facility that has replica structures from imperial China.

Here's a short clip (Cantonese only) of Miss International 2008 contestants visiting: [video=youtube;939DnkCfbZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=939DnkCfbZs"[/video]

Most of the TVB period dramas are done there, though there are some where they actually go on location (mostly PRC) but those are usually very expensive productions.

#2 ralphrepo, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  3. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

if you've seent he special shows of "gung sum gai" i think they said they film the palace in a garden in lai chi kwok...

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yeah, there's a few outdoor locations there for filming, sometimes you can even see the light post / buildings on TV

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

if uve been watching ancient TVB stuff, u should know by now the "streets," "goon fu," "stores," "restaurants," "man fa lau"/"yee hong yuen" etc are the same old ones XD, those houses, new or old ones, same thing over and over again-----cus they used the same studio all the time :p outdoor ones, like others said, gardens, just have to remove the modern things with technology

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    Yup, there was actually an episode or something showing how they create (and remove) the modern decoration with technology.

7. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

^yeah back in Beyond the realm of conscience, i was like WOW! thats so cool!! too bad they still missed some spot like the lightpole XD

8. onni

onni Well-Known Member

yeah, i remember this too. so i guess all outdoors scene for ancient dramas are filmed there.

9. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    It depends I guess, but to cut down costs (budget), it would be.