Female Artists Becoming TOO Skinny!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by mint_T, May 6, 2006.

1. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Some female artists that I've always considered pretty are getting more and more skinny. It is a new tendancy? If not, why are those artists getting more fame, jobs, sponsors and fans?

Here are few example of female artists getting thin and becomming more and more famous:
    Kenix Kwok, Ada Choi, Cecilla Cheng, Sammi Cheng, Maggie Q and I pass...

Personally, I think girls look better with some flesh, but not too chubby.

What do you guys think? Feel free to express your opinions!

2. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

i agree with you bout ada, kenix and cecilia but wasnt sammi sick the past yr or something? i think there's a demand in the industry for skinny girls because now skinny is the equivalent of pretty. in the 90's if artists were this skinny they'd def be considered anorexic but now the image of being skinny is considered pretty and apparently it sells and most people are buying it.

3. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

I dunno relli, well personally i like skinny girls!

4. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

I sun like ppl become over skinny the look like drug addict to me i think average is just good

5. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Sometimes chubby girls are cute. =)

And some celebrities these days (i.e. Nicole Richie) are like anorexics or something. o.o;; Some of them have eating disorders also. who knows. *shrugs*

6. i just think its that they get more busy and they dont have enough time to eat and sleep therefore making them skinny and unheatlhy looking and like all jobs.. theres the stress factor... i do believe that being famous is not all glamour...there are many disadvantages that the fans dont see.

7. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

i rather them skinny than chunky :p

8. jwyim84

jwyim84 Member

too skinny not beautiful...a bit of chubbiness makes them cute!

9. johnjj

johnjj Member

well i like how skinny 2r girl looks,but some girls too skiny are not attractive, but some are.

10. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

I rather prefer girls with a LITTLE bit of meat , rather than the skinny ones.

11. Nielzen

Nielzen Member

I prefer girls who are "petite" if you know what I mean ;)
    But yeah, rather want a skinny than a chubby girl... ^_^

12. oooallyooo

oooallyooo Active Member

I believe Kenix is still skinny, but she is a little better now. At least her cheeks are a litlle bit chubby now, but i still think she looks better back then when she has a round face. I believe it was because she is doing this ad about losing weight or soemthing that is why she is so skiiny and all the hard works and jobs she does which makes her lack of rest and all those stuffs

13. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I think Kenix is getting ridiculously thin. She looks like she needs a million hours of sleep. Her face is hollow and her skin tone is no longer as good as it used to be. Now, she looks so grey and old. She really needs to stop it with the dieting. When one of the Olsen twins (Mary Kate, is it?) went to rehab for anorexia, she weighed in at 85 pounds. I believe that Mary Kate Olsen is no taller than 5'7. Anyway, Kenix, on the other hand, is 5'7, and she weighs about 85 pounds. It is just ridiculous, and she is setting a bad example. Maybe she needs to go to rehab, because if she's not anorexic, then what is she? I don't believe for a second that she has a high metabolism... not that high. And of course, all celebrities if not most, are busy and stressed, but not every single one of them are looking anorexic. Gigi Lai, for example, is skinny but she still looks healthy and very young for her age. You can be skinny and still maintain your health..

I think they all look so much better with a bit of meat on their bones, but because the Chinese media are so ready to scrutinize everything about a celebrity, particularly the weight, it becomes discouraging for any female celebrity to want to eat. I think the media should really back off. I remember reading an article about how they were poking fun at Mandy Cho's baby fat and calling those women who are of healthy weight to be pork chops. That's just wrong.. Mandy isn't even close to being fat!

I also agree that Sammi Cheng is getting way too skinny. That girl just doesn't eat! Instead, she just smokes a load of cigarettes to keep thin. Not a very bright idea.

14. tamagodaisuki

skinny is nice, but sometimes girls who are too skinny look like they lack nutrition and could faint anytime. besides being too skinny looks kinda creepy to me, looking like a stick and seeing only bones.

15. tnytran

tnytran Member

maggie q is an example of skinny beautiful

16. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I used to think so too, but have you seen any of her pictures lately? -what? Total skin and bones.

I think we can say that on average, a lot of celebrities out there are looking stick thin. A lot of it is because they have cut down a lot on the food that they're eating, maybe due to their hectic schedules, maybe because they want to be thin... we don't know.

All I know is that the amount of exercise that celebrities get in each day is ridiculous, and the things that celebrities do to be thin are also ridiculous. They are setting a bad example saying that being thin = being beautiful. A lot of young girls these days admire and idolize these celebrities who are stick thin, and in turn, end up hurting their own development.

17. ralliartlancerevov

ralliartlancerevov Well-Known Member

yes.. they are becomin a bag of bones... they dont look healthy.. i dink i have to feed them.. haha

18. sj58

sj58 Member

i guess it's the trend nowadays..

19. sudokuyam

sudokuyam Member

I think having lean muscles and very toned body is sexy. Some reason, the chinese stars always show bones...but the Hollywood stars could sometimes shape up to be thin and healthy and toned. That's called glamorous!

20. nicole

nicole Well-Known Member

I agree they are getting skinny and skinny and can't stop. Some of them look like they can drop at any moment.