Fear The Walking Dead - Anyone Watched?

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by ralphrepo, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

AMC's new The Walking Dead spin off, pilot ep can be found here, at AMC own web site. I think they're trying to promote the show. Did anyone else catch it?

,,,with only one person being aware that there are zombies, but he's questioning his own sanity because of his drug addiction. Later, it is shown that an accident victim on a highway rises from the dead and bites a paramedic, then did not die after begin shot multiple times, and was finally put down with a head shot. People didn't believe it and suggested that it was a media hoax of some kind. The family that the show follows is then confronted with their own encounter with a walker and the end of the episode.

• Like Like x 1
  2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I saw it, it's the prequel to the walking dead. It's amc trying to milk this series. It just started so I have to see more if it's worth watching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ralphrepo

Of course they're trying to milk it; but honestly, I think that's a really good thing because the show is that spectacular and there is a huge audience demand for it. Frankly, I had preferred that they told parallel stories spun off from the original series. Like, what happened to Morales family (the Spanish guy with his wife and kids) who had decided to split from the main group (near end of season 1). Also, the various webisodes that told stories which tangentially intersected with the main plot; what happened to those survivors?

While taking on LA at the start of the zombie infection may be a grand idea, I think the producers are in a for a tremendous amount of expenditure because it would literally require a cast of thousands to dramatize a highly populated city becoming infected. Imagine millions of walkers and desperate people interspersed between? Remember the tanks in Atlanta? Frankly, I don't understand how anyone in an armored vehicle could get bitten. But, hey... we'll see what they do... I'm sure it's going to remain worthy of viewing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll ever get to whole city becoming infected. Remember, this is as we all agree milking the cow; they will continue to show sporadic infections. This is afterall, how it all started. How people are in denial, etc. Refusing to believe there's a zombie apocalypse and / or government trying to cover up to calm the mass population. I think it'll be seasonS before any they will show any substantial infection in the city. Of course, by then, I would have lost interest because of the same boring denial and cover-ups

5. ralphrepo

So, episode 2 just came out and it really is good. It shows how some people are beginning to realize that something bad is going on and they're not saying anything, but getting ready to leave. The rioting in LA is just what you expect. Also the single walker in the suburbs, biting and infecting unsuspecting neighbors would make this spread in about two days. Eventually, it's going to go city wide. People don't seem to understand that in highly populated metropolitan areas, there is NO SUCH THING AS EVACUATION. The numbers of people already makes it a non starter. That young kid, Tobias, is mentally, probably the most prepared out of all of them. But, something such as getting bitten and then becoming infected should become known almost immediately. To kill them with a head shot too, would become known pretty fast. That is nothing will stop them until you destroy their brain.

But, I like how the writers portrayed the younger generation, so full of themselves thinking they have all the answers and that their immediate concerns are the most important thing at the moment; they're tailor made targets because of their arrogance and ignorance.

The ex-wife? As soon as she saw the Hazmat suits? She knew something was going down. Time to get the flock out of Dodge. "Listen to your father!" LOL...

#5 ralphrepo, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. EvilTofu

Just had a chance to watch ep2 and it's so good. I love how the story-line is developing. The writers are doing a great job...

7. ralphrepo

OK, the 4th, 5th & 6th (finale) episodes have aired and...

In what can only be described as a "slow" realization that they're perhaps, NOT safe at all, is beginning to dawn on our intrepid little group. The only one who is prescient, has the presence of mind and absolute forethought, is the Spanish barber. He can already see the writing on the wall and the message is so obviously clear to him. He even delivers a nice little monologue from his past about how things are, and warns that things would turn suddenly; so why is it that the main leads are still so stupidly ignorant?

The drug addict? He's acting like every drug addict I've ever known; cunningly selfish, self absorbed and self serving, even to the extreme detriment of others with very little care or thought.

The young boy who is into video recording everything? He's a hyped up idiot also. Too full of himself and self absorbed too, albeit for the right reasons. But he doesn't function in anything except his own version of how he sees the universe and doesn't realize that he's already way out of his league.

His mom, the "nurse" who we find out is not even a nurse, only a wannabe, thinks she helping but actually winds up selling everyone out.

Of course, we all knew that the barber's wife was only going to be slow dying meat. Her leg wound is slowly becoming fetid and she looks like she's not going to last beyond next week's episode.

In the end Travis, the male lead, begins to realize that not all is right with the world. The episode closes with him watching as his tip to the military about "others still being out there" ...had most likely gotten those other survivors murdered.

Our cast of characters realize more of what's going on, and we begin to see the failures of our military bearing. The Spanish barber, who we all thought was a past recipient of some third world despotic regime torture, is actually revealed to have fled his native land because his victim's families were looking for revenge; that he was actually the torturer. His wife even acknowledges this in her death scene monologue, where she reveals that she unknowingly married her husband, who turned out to be the devil and the ghosts of the "disappeared" (his victims) will forever haunt them, looking for vengeance.

The teenage daughter, suggestively straddling that bike in her hot pants; then with the boy alone in the house, with her getting strapless? I thought for sure they would be in bed in the next scene, LOL... (Ole Salty Wet, strikes again!)
    :happy2:

But the last scene was epic. It recalled the scene in which Rick approached the doors of a room where the undead were locked in; I thought for sure that they were going to come bursting out.

Also, something I don't understand. How can these military patrols be overtaken by these walkers? They all have lots of guns and ammo? And they know they have to shoot them in the head. So why are they getting overrun? Frankly, why are any of them shooting full auto? They should be all taking single shots.

So there you have it. Given our five full seasons of The Walking Dead under our viewership belts, I guess anything that comes after would have a hard act to follow. But having said that, I find Fear's action a bit too predictable and the acting isn't all that spectacular either.

Also, I love how Travis leaves the gate open when they bug out; like... "f*ck the neighbors, I never liked them in the first place," right? At the end, he begins to grow a spine. Also, the Spanish Barber, using walkers as a tactical asset. Awesome. But, I wonder how come they didn't build Hesco barriers instead of regular chain link fencing. It's obvious now that zombies aren't afraid of guns. A horde would just overrun you unless you can physically put something up that forms an effective barrier.

The doctor should have gone with them. But who knows, maybe she survived and will appear in a later ep? She was last seen holding a bolt gun with a compressor; will she commit suicide (as was implied) or will she come to her senses and try to escape?

Liza getting bit was a bit sad, but not surprising. She had to pay a moral price for having done what she did. But on the flip side, if she hadn't, they would all still be back in the hood blissfully playing Monopoly without any knowledge of the impending Cobalt.

The slimy new guy Strand is just a little too calculating. But... homey gots a motherf*cking boat! So I guess it's where I'd be heading too. His taking back of the diamond cuff links were a bit much. I wonder what those links meant to him besides the monetary value.

I'm surprised that running through an army post didn't net them any real weapons. How come all US soldiers are portrayed as acting like Taliban or common criminals in this series?

But the hot teenage daughter seriously needs to get banged. There's too much sexual tension with her being built into the show and there's got to be some sort of climatic (pardon the pun) point to this...

#7 ralphrepo, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. EvilTofu

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralphrepo

Don't mess with the Chinese chick, LOL... Seriously, I hope the chicken shit Bieber wannabe gets it and the Asian chick makes it into season 2. It would be a real shame if it was the other way around.

10. ralphrepo

As the Webisodes continue, we see that one of the passengers...

...had quite literally dropped dead. A passenger and stewardess are trying to resuscitate him. The Asian girl again, seems to know something and tells the stewardess to stay away and not touch him. As the stewardess attempts to apply an Automatic Electronic Defibrillator, the Asian gal rips open the victim's shirt, removing a dressing and revealing a huge wound of some kind on his abdomen. See it here:

#10 ralphrepo, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015