Fashion War - 潮流教主 (2016)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by b-lee, Nov 9, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

fashion-war-2016-poster.jpg

English Title: Fashion War
    Chinese Title: 潮流教主
    Genre: Modern/Comedy
    Producer: Fong Chun Chiu
    Episodes: 20

Filming Location: Hong Kong
    Filming Period: May 2015 - July 2015

Cast:
    Moses Chan
    Sisley Choi
    Him Law
    Ali Lee
    Joel Chan
    Leanne Li
    Jeanie Chan
    Veronica Shiu
    Vivien Yeo
    Hanjin Tan
    Jacqueline Chong
    Whitney Hui
    Roxanne Tong
    Becky Lee
    Eric Li
    Jennifer Shum
    Max Cheung
    Penny Chan
    Lisa Ch'ng
    Hoffman Cheng
    Cindy Lee
    Kayee Tam

Description
    “Trendsetter” Yip Long (Moses Chan), the powerful chief editor of MODES fashion magazine, is constantly at war. MODES’ publisher and top executive, Man (Hanjin Tan), is a scheming yes-man, always hiding a knife behind his fake smile. To restrict Long’s power and authority within the company, he appoints the former model Vincy (Ali Lee) as the director of the advertising department.

Long is not unfamiliar with office politics and welcomes Man’s challenge. However, a careless mistake on his part gets him involved in the wrong side of the law. This incident eventually leads him to hire editor assistant Yan (Sisley Choi), who originally made clothes in Sham Shui Po for a living.

Yan’s introduction to MODES put the fashion magazine in a heightened state of war, but Yan manages to overcome all obstacles through her positivity and hard work. Along with fashion editor Francis (Him Law), Yan helps Long overcome a crisis that threatened the business. Yan is confident that Long would announce her as his successor, but the road is not as smooth as it looks.

#1 b-lee, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

First impression.

Story is pretty refreshing, but I get the feeling of Devils Wear Prada to it.

Moses look fly as hell :afro:

But the female casts are all tier 2/3 actresses.

Lets see how it goes

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. this guy him law :nikkitroll:

why no theme song

4. mr_evolution

also why is the tb starring this show.

very weak actress

5. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I'll watch this just because it's not TVB's comedy. Sick and tired of watching these lame and boring comedies they had.

6. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

This is by far the best cast of females put together into 1 show. Definitely eclipses everything this year. Seems like each release this year has only gotten better.

Dislike Him Law and Sisley in here though. But great to see Moses play a different type of character. Looks like he's back to his Healing Hand swag. haha.

7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I was thoroughly surprised when watching this drama. I didn't know what to think of it when the trailers were released. As @mr_evoluition said, this does have some sense of Devil Wears Prada feel to it. What particularly I liked about this drama is the politics.

My take on Ali's character. I like this woman! Dangerous and HIGHLY ambitious. Even before her first day on the job, and she's already causing internal conflict. Her call for firing Becky Lee had me going..."damn, this girl doesn't play around". Her rich networking background really will help her climb.

Although I hate Sisley with a living passion, I do think TVB found her to fit this role nicely. Still a bad actress but I guess her character plays the "fresh out of college" applying for a job, unknown of office politics. Still hate C-Kwan though. Every character he plays is the same. Personally, if I were Moses, I'd still sue him. I hate the fact how he posted a picture online and still won't admit he is wrong. I don't care if Moses was using a fake. His post might or will cause millions of dollars to the company. You just don't do that. It is not his business to do that.

All in all, so far I am impressed, I have to say the reason I am watching this is because I love watching dramas with politics.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Yeah he's not much of an actor, doesn't pull of the goofiness that he should with his looks. His partner is a bit better in acting. They should just stick to rapping :p This may be my next watch then after K9 buddies...

9. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

LOL no way. I love those 2. Risk looks like a pervert by default. To be honest, when he was the diver w/o glasses, I couldn't recognize him.

CKwan smoothe as ever!!

10. mr_evolution

Jeannie Chan is cute as hel

11. xaznxryux

I see my Lisa, I'm happy atm :)

but yea, so far so good. I think Hanjin Tan did an excellent job so far playing the snake...not gonna lie, he does look the part lol.

12. mr_evolution

Calling it early but Moses will have a good chance to get king this year

13. xaznxryux

too early to say in my opinion but so far so good. That one scene with Leanne Li was epic, where he forced her hand.

14. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Ali is friggin sexxxxaayyyyy

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. xaznxryux

drama is filled with :flames::flames::flames: material ;)

Ali, Koni, Lisa whoooo

• Like Like x 1
  16. mr_evolution

anyone see that massive wart on sisley's shoulder in the scene where she is talking to koni in the restaurant?

wtf ewww, why didnt they cover it

17. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Maybe they did it on purpose...

18. koni such a butterface and that voice >____<

tbh I'd rather Jacqueline chong

didnt know Lisa had twin sister

#19 shinobi, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  19. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯