Esther Kwan returns to film TVB series to payback husband Nick Cheung's TVB debts

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Maverick, May 4, 2009.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Esther Kwan returns to film TVB series to payback husband Nick Cheung's TVB debts

[​IMG]Esther Kwan will be shooing a TVB period drama at the end of May. In the series Esther and Roger Kwok play a bickering couple. She laughed and said that her husband Nick Cheung is in fear because he needs to help look after their daughterBrittany during the next 2 months. She told him not to neglect their daughter by constantly talking on the phone and checking SMS messages.

Hong Kong Film Awards Best Actor Nick Cheung was originally going to shoot TVB series "Heaven & Earth" to payback TVB debts. But due to production issues the scehdule has continuosuly been dragged. He stated the other day that he should be able to shoot the series next year. However Esther who has mainly been taking care of their daughter Brittany will help him payback the debts first. It has been confirmed that she will return to TVB at the end of May and shoot new period drama "五味人生" (Five Tastes of Life) produced by Nelson Cheung Gon-Man. (Producer of "Dicey Business). Executive Producer Tommy Leung directly approached Esther, also she agreed to shoot the series because she was attracted by the cast such as Roger Kwok and Michelle Yim.

Nick Cheung worried of babysitting their daughter

The reporter phoned Esther to ask if she was worried shooting a period drama would be hardwork? She said "It''s not that hard, I know that this series doesn't requiire many outdoor location scenes. Most scenes will be filmed in the studio. Therefore I feel quite comfortable shooting this series."

When mentioning that Nick has to temporarily look after their daughter, she laughed " He's very afraid, when Brittany cries I'm worried he doesn't know how to handle the situation. Normally I will allow her to cry (tantrums) and then talk to her. However I am worried that when Nick see's her cry, she will make him feed her ice cream."

Esther stated that Nick needs to go to social activities and Brittany will most likely be taken care of by a nanny. "I told him not to make a lot of phone calls and SMS messages, neglecting her."

Roger Kwok Cheekily teases Esther

Roger Kwok who is currently shooting a series in Mainland stated that he is very happy to work with Esther. He said cheekily "I watched her act since a very young age, I really enjoy her acting. Previously we filmed Ancient and Modern drama's together. But we have never filmed a period drama together. She will look very beautiful." Michelle Yim said that she hasn't collaborated with them before and really looking forward to it.

Source: On.cc
    Translated by: Matchbox @ mediachamber.net

2. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

this seems really exciting. she is a erally good actress and the cast has never worked with each other before so it is very different. i'm really excited for the nick cheng series too!

3. machwnor

machwnor Well-Known Member

i hope the series and her role will be good

4. missinnote

missinnote Active Member

it seems like esther and nick these days don't want to go back to film series as it takes up alot of time and doesn't earn them alot of money.

5. tamagodaisuki

does anyone know what other dramas have roger and esther worked together in?

6. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

the new series is pretty interesting so far...

She's great at playing these type of roles...

Still I would like to see Nick do a series, was so looking forward to it but his new stardom after winning those awards changed all that.

7. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

yaaaaay more to see of kwan wing hor ... YAAAY !!!! <3 <3 i loved her since she was on that series with au yueng chun wa and that tor chueng see jer

8. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear that Esther (in the showbiz) still cares about her kid. Most just focus on work and earn money. $$ is important but one should never think about $$ and neglect the child.

Seriously though, who wants to work for TVB that is known to exploit a lot of the artists with its dominance in HK entertainment industry.

9. How much debt can the guy be in...? And if it is that serious....... will one tvb series be enough to cover it all?

10. bvballer

bvballer Well-Known Member

o man i m really looking forward for heave and earth series that is upcoming, hope nick start filming that soon

11. ♥TVXQ♥

♥TVXQ♥ Well-Known Member

im looking forward to this series coming out. Its great to hear that Esther is coming back to showbiz after so many years.
    hope Nick can handle his little baby daughter at home.