episode 36-40 discussion

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by shinobi, Sep 4, 2007.

1. talks Here.

2. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Joe Ma is getting more and more evil forced by his uncle... The Wah family's automobile company is facing another new problem again.....!

3. yea i predict steven ma will be even more evil in the future ...more evil than his uncle.

4. happii

happii Well-Known Member

joe is sure getting evil n in ep37 don't even know he reall helping wa ka really wish wat he is thinking, i mean i know he love jessica but... anyways Raymond is becoming a weirdo n dickhead after charmaine left him hope he wake up soon cos i hate seeing him like dat, n poor myolie always goes n look for him n care for him which he don't give a damm. Sheren looking pretty in ep37 i like her new hair n she becoming very prof! cant to ee more!

5. happii

happii Well-Known Member

sorry u mean joe ma!

6. strawberri_angelbaby

strawberri_angelbaby Well-Known Member

i was just wondering if joe ma saw damien in the car cuz y would joe say stuff that would be so defensive to damien all of a sudden?

7. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

I think he had a long term plan where he will take revenge against both damien and ngai tin hang...... There goes another story for the drama....

8. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

My guess is that Joe *might* have seen Damien in the car which logically leads him to say all of those defensive words for Damien. Joe could have said those words because 1) he saw Damien in the car so Joe is trying to please Damian, 2) he really loves Jessica so he's going to change sides so the Wah family will accept him. So I don't know of a definite answer to that.

rockman3 is probably correct that Joe has some elaborate scheme to get back at everyone who has stood in his path to success. Damien stripped him of his career by kicking out of the Wah's business even though Joe has worked for them for years. Ngai Tin Hung is a jerk who treats Joe as a dog. Those are two good reason for Joe to get back at them all. Also, notice how Joe is buying favours with Felix Lok so that he can have a sub-ordinate to help him with his future plans.

In episode 39, we finally see Raymond get together with Myolie and predictably we see Charmaine appear in the preview to the next episode. The thing with such a long series is the challenge of tracking time. To me it still feels like Charmaine has just "recently" left Raymond so it still feels kind of awkward for Raymond and Myolie getting together. Also chemistry that Ray has with Charmaine seems more passionate love whereas Ray with Myolie seems like wash - down love.

9. ToFO

ToFO Active Member

I think this is the climax of the of the show./

10. rayolie is finally together... but it seems it will be a short relationship with charmaine coming back...rays gonna end up knowing charmaine still has ray's baby. ....poor myolie :(

11. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Nah. The climax of the show will be when Joe shows his true colours and screws over the Wah family as well as his uncle. Mark my words!!

Also, there was the scene when Charmaine asked why is she the only one suffering through all the pain? I thought she brought that upon herself when she declared the Wah family as her enemies. So she shouldn'tt ask rhetorical questions.

12. strawberri_angelbaby

strawberri_angelbaby Well-Known Member

didn't charmaine HAVE to take out the baby?? so in other words it died??

13. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

From ep40, you can still see joe ma being sneaky when he blamed 'cheung gor' for the stuffup in the contracts when speaking to Damian, and told the opposite story to 'cheung gor' in the bar. it shows he will take on revenge of the Wah family once he gets all he wants. this guy hasn't turned good at all. Charmaine still loves Raymond, but she will get her revenge first i think, her usual way of attaining her wishes.

14. i unno lol...i thought she went out the country to keep it? <_< i need to rewatch that ep ;/

but from watching ep 40. its saying the babies dead...

so is their baby dead!? lol

15. itsm3k

itsm3k Member

yeah she had a miscarriage.

16. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

Yes, she did have a miscarraige, thats why she cried in the taxi and also had flashbacks of her in the hospital bed in ep40. She cries a lot as she wanted to keep the baby but then still want to take revenge on the Wah's. lol

17. happii

happii Well-Known Member

Charmaine is so evil n she really annoy me same wiz joe!

18. mumulle93

mumulle93 Member

You say it because you're crazy about Myolie... --" -blush
    I agree with Charmaine's character ! :)
    It at a rate of being avenged on Wah family (except Raymond's character because they still like -inlove )…
    Because it is her MOTHER ! Her only mother, her only family ! Who has just died ! She loved her mom so much !!
    It is completely comprehensible ! -ohmy

19. soldier244

soldier244 Well-Known Member

charmaine is getting more evil..but she got crushed