episode 36 - 40 Discussion *WARNING SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed - 溏心風暴' started by n4mele5s, May 28, 2007.

1. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

they could of ended the story much sooner...it would be more..."jam packed".... lol...i dunno where that came from...

2. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

I think everyone who doesn't like the ending is misunderstanding something. The stupid 'big feet 8' way of "winning in the end" is all wrong because Sai Kai will get nothing. It'll all be lost in their failing businesses since they have no money to improve things with their assets frozen.

Sai Kai probably understood that she would get zilch and Henry's stupid stuff just overwhelmed her. I'm skeptical about her motives for giving in, but without money and "love", all she has is Foon Jai.

I liked this series.

3. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Good one xzyrus!

I felt the dancing part at the end was corny too. Btw, I thought Moses was the one who wrote the diary on the colourful raindrops. So why did they make Raymond read out his "days without sheung joi sum - day number957"? Were they trying to emphasise that Raymond was happy for them, even though he didn't write the entry?

4. aznsmiley

aznsmiley Member

all i have to say about the ending was LAME!!!!

this ending was the stupidest one ever in the 2007 dramas. Don't u guys agree?

5. -ak47-

-ak47- Active Member

o well..nothing special in the ending..overall...this serie was great compared to alot of tvb's modern ones...

6. dreyvii

Well, to me it wasn't that bad. I've seen worse

7. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

I don't think any TV show/movie can satisfy everyone. The ending was pretty good, not the best nor the worst. I agree there are some missing holes for many of the smaller characters, but who cares about them. It's always about the main family (not the in-laws!), Moses + Linda, and Sai Kei. We all want Moses and Linda together, but something about their relationship is like "partners" not hot, romantic lovers. This theme seem to be the new thing TVB is showing now like Life Made Simple with Ah Wong.

The cast was wonderful, especially to Sai Kei b/c everyone hates her character which is the best compliment she can get for her character. Linda was great in this series, she's going to keep on improving and her crying just seems so authentic and touching. I really liked this series.

8. kirkys

kirkys Well-Known Member

i think the ending was ok, but it was a bit tooooooooo rushed, everythin was jammed into the last episode

9. bubble_pris

bubble_pris Active Member

what an amazing ending!! i thought it was going to be a gay ending but i really really liked it!! so touching!

10. dreyvii

I think the ending was well planned out and not really rushed. They did have a conclusion for almost everything. Well, don't expect them to show everyone happily married and with kids!! They already made it clear what happened to the main characters, so that's pretty much enough for me.

11. OhanaUnited

OhanaUnited Well-Known Member

Ending was ok, but not anything special or memorable. She changed her attitude 180 degrees in 5 mins of show time, which is way too fast. And did you guys look at her amazing driving skills? She's able to drive on walkway (where most of us wouldn't dare doing this) and going around the trees at high speed. A normal rich woman wouldn't need to drive, she would hire a driver to drive for her. And when she was about to crush him on the road barracide, she steps on the brake and stop just in time. What is this? A woman with bi-polar disorder?

Both lawyer sux. The story about 4 oysters is damn boring. Anyone remember that the witness says "dad wants me to buy moon cakes in may"? He's not in HK so he's lying too, so they just slap their face themselves.

Too many plot holes and bloopers in this show.

12. winnz

winnz Well-Known Member

i loved this series. as for the ending, yes, i agree with the other viewers that it's too packed into one episode. i thought the part where moses proposed to linda was really sweet, but den i thought she still loved alfred? or has she decided to finally move on when she put the diary and the photo album away?

13. Championchi

Championchi Member

the ending was alright, but if you think back, its really hard to make an ending good enough to please everyone, especially since we're all bummed about it ending already, also the ending was soo hyped up that everyone just had impossible to achieve expectations.

The ending of LInda and Moses is cute, but then, they spent too much time developing their undying friendship, it was so non romantic, like, they were meant to be the BEST of Friends, but i cant see them as a marriaged couple. And they shouldve done more to show that Linda had gotten over alfred.

but then again im being a super hypocrite because I wouldve booed the show had they not ended up together.

14. dreyvii

I think you missed the point. The story bout the 4 oysters is what helped sai kai change her mind. It finally struck her that mr chinatown had given her everything she's ever asked for. Love, fortune, family. So that was actually a key point to make her change her mind.

As for the mooncakes, duh! He did it on purpose...so that Linda can argue that they were lying in their testimony.

Just fyi...bipolar disorder doesn't work that way...sudden change of mind does not constitute bipolar disorder...

15. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

i think gil's being secretive with his plans isn't necessary....made his family misunderstood him and the slap from jackie....why did he do that? he could have just told his family his plans..it's not like foon foon will tell his mum or sumthing...i felt the slap he gt was very 'yuen wong'....it gave me the feeling of tvb trying to drag the story to 40 episodes...just make a better ending than drag it....

and the rainbow after rain is stupid...the spinning camera shot is ugly...cmon man they just had their steamboat dinner...chat for few minutes in the car, run in the rain for a minute and it's morning already? do HK ppl like steamboat for supper?

16. dreyvii

Haha...I thought Bosco's part was good. It added to the drama. Otherwise, the court story would've been rather bland

Yups, agree with you that the spinning camera shot was stupid. But I think the colourful rain thingy was supposed to signify that Alfred wanted Sheung Joi Sum to be happy, and now that she's found happiness, he's happy for her too...and the rain is to put a smile back on her face. What I don't understand is...Alfred didn't write that page, Duk Duk Dei did...so why do they record it in Alfred's voice?? Puzzling indeed...still trying to figure that out.

17. rgrivell

rgrivell New Member

Alternative ending

I think the proposal was good, but Linda should have cried and then say yes, then it should start raining, and they should kiss...the end.

Moses should have looked surprised when she said yes as well...it was like he knew she loved him all along?!

Or he should be in S. Africa and she turns up...but guess they had a tight budget.

18. dreyvii

He knew she loved him. Cos she teared everytime he mentioned he was leaving. And she already hinted her love for him when she said that their relationship was not bound by just paper, but it was deep in her heart til eternity.

19. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Yes, the colorful rain diary entry wasn't written by Raymond. But Raymon'ds dead so he's up in heaven. If the rain is colourful that's the only link that they have for Raymond to be happy for Linda, even though Moses wrote that. They just needed something to signify that Raymond is happy for Linda.... OR Raymond is onmipotent so he knows that Moses wrote that entry about the colorful rain and he being dead can only cry raindrops of colour to communicate with them. I agree that this point is puzzling, maybe TVB don't expect people to remember that entry 957 wasn't written by Raymond because they are using Raymond's voice to read it?

I like the idea of having Linda crying before saying yes, and those two will never kiss in this series because their love is the Best of Friend type of love not romantic love. Moses does kinda know that Linda likes him from the incident with the car accident because she was so scared that she will lose Moses like she did Raymond. Also, what dreyvii said is good arguements. The spinning camera was bad, I like your ending better.

20. JennV

JennV Well-Known Member

Linda Said Yes Too Easy .
    Love The Movie, Hate The Ending