Episode 32 - NBA Live 07 Ad

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by bigearz, Aug 28, 2007.

1. bigearz

bigearz Member

So are they already in 2007? Cuz when Will was jogging up that street... there was an NBA Live 07 ad in the background ?

2. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Nice find. I didn't notice that one. One thing is that the grasp of time in the show is hard to get so I don't think anyone can say exactly what year it is. But we know that the tech bubble burst so it's about 2000-2001 for sure.

Also, you notice that Raymond is using a slider phone which to me seems a little too futuristic still. Below is a screenshot of it. Can anyone identify what model that is?

Attached Files:

3. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

oooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

it could be product placement :\

4. bigearz

bigearz Member

lol.. doubt its a product placement.. unless HK is that slow with videogames. NBA Live 08 should be coming out in about a month or so in north america.

but yea.. if its already 2007, then thats pretty damn fast consider just a few episodes ago they were talkin about the tech bubble

5. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

uggh obviously.. they made so much mistakes.

same w/ the harbor. that guy who tricked the steel hand over flip. he was driving a near 05 + accord

6. ray89

ray89 Well-Known Member

meh... whaterever we've been through this once wit the lexus suv situation in the other topic... nothing ever seems rite...

NBA 07 live poster was out... that means its summer 06 since the games come out 4 months or so b4 the actual year ne ways and they dont keep posters up that long after like less that a month since the game is out those thing r all gone... so it doesnt matter when nba 08 comes out this show was filmed last year meaning 06 of course u'll hav an 07 poster up unless they recently filmed it now and then u can saw hk is slow wit games... but uh... think about it logially

7. bigearz

bigearz Member

very true Ray. But what i was getting at is it this isnt product placement. EA sports would not want to advertise/sell a 07 game in this series knowing that fact well in advance that a 07 game would be out of date by the time this thing is aired...

8. superdash

superdash Well-Known Member

haha lol i booked tat 2

9. mushrooms

mushrooms Member

yea i think it's a mistake

10. vietxboix4life

wow i have that phone o_O

11. densha

densha Well-Known Member

that phone is an LG chocolate, which is released on spring of 06 in china and hk.

12. liquidzyklon

Thanks! That's what I initially thought, but the photo there does not show an LG logo so I was doubting myself.

13. vietxboix4life

thats not an LG chocolate thats a samsung sgh-d520

14. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

most of u are retards. why the fukc would nba live 2007 take down the ad? for what reason? i mean they pay for it, obviously they would want it to be displayed as long as ever.

but AS they were FILMING this, this isn't a short 20 chapter series, but a LONG ONE. so they might not have the time to edit and adjust.

most of u are dumb, the purpose isn't to discuss the mistakes, but to pickup the little things and make it notice. sheesh...

15. liquidzyklon

Nice vietxboix4life. See there was for LG logo!!

16. superdash

superdash Well-Known Member

ye i saw the word anycall before on the front

17. wong_ma

wong_ma New Member

its all about marketing....they want more coverage for the phone...because celebs use it...

they arent using it to fit in with the series...lol

18. chaos21

chaos21 Member

its not the lg choclate phoneee its a samsung anycall sliderr phone ><

19. gmani01

gmani01 Well-Known Member

cheap production...they always make mistakes

20. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

^it's not cheap production and mistakes are bound to happen. what you can do about it though is become a producer and make mistake-free movies or you can march over there and help them.