episode 1-5 discussion

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by shinobi, Jul 17, 2007.

1. talk talk about it.

2. monkiesxrule

monkiesxrule Well-Known Member

what does their company make anyways? do they make parts for cars? plus the first episode wasnt that bad. already have problems in the first episode. and im already starting to not like michael's character. he doesnt even seem to care about the company.

3. khmkan

khmkan Active Member

I find it pretty funny how its dubbed ....like the mandarin is dubbed to canto in HK whereas its the opposite probably in China...but yeah, this series does seem interesting! Esp. with all the good actors in it!

4. 2Face

2Face Active Member

Yeah I was expecting to see the company making a lot of cars and stuff. But so far I've been seeing them make metal frames for construction and stuff... and when he was doing business with the other guy, it appears a bridge was being constructed. SO I don't really know.

I really do still think the main business is auto still. Not too sure though.

5. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

I think it's a flashback to 1994, when the company only was a steelworks manufacturer in HK apparently, then as years go by it expands into a car manufacturer in the mainland.

6. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Yea probably has something to do with the family uniting their individual strengths. The 2nd bro is into cars while the 1st (and 3rd kinda lol) are into steel/metal.

In the speech during Ep 1, they hint at hard family times in the past. I heard/read that the plot takes a while to pick up, but I hope it's worth it.

So far Sheren Tang's character bugs me... snobby biatch lol. Michael Miu is a spoiled brat, but at least he's funny. :p

7. daisy

daisy Well-Known Member

I already watch up to ep 28 in the Mandarin I find the series is ok so far.

8. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Like everyone has already mentioned. Good cast, high budget and 10 year anniversary cooperation between HK and China = high expectations. Can't judge how good this series is until it picks up a little. Also 60 episode is kind of long, hope it doesn't run out of steam.

9. stevejdo

stevejdo New Member

actually, the company they work in hk belongs to the wong family, and deals with metal refinement. the car factory has nothing to do with the hk company, different owner, differnt business. the older and 3rd brother will leave the hk company to pursuit in automobile in later chapters. most likely due to the diagreements with the wong family.

10. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

lol...its kinda funni....where micheal doesn't care much becuz he takes golfin more serious than the company...lol...and raymond is jks too...in ep. 2...lol -lol

11. interesting to see raymond playing a spoiled rich kid :D... and micheal playing a play boy....those are the characters i find interesting from watching the first two episodes.....and gosh i hate the dubbing ..it drives me crazy!!

12. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

The older bro's strategy to keep the Wong old man's son from taking leadership is clever. Quite unexpected for me. Didn't even have to pull any strings with the large stakeholders in the company.

I rewatched ep 1 and 2 again and clarified the company names. The speech seems to be in the future when the 3 bros unite (Wah something something car company) and then they flashback to build up to that point. This film method is getting overly used (was also in HoG).

13. monkiesxrule

monkiesxrule Well-Known Member

the 2nd episode had some funny scenes. first was when jessica had to get that file from the top shelf and she needed a ladder for help. then joe comes in and just puts the file back without doing anything. lol!! then there was when raymond and the other guy who charges each other for a ride and for other stuff. what a great way to earn some money. haha. like xzyrus said, Damien's startegy to keep the old guy's son from getting the company was pretty smart. last but not least, raymond looks kinda weird with that kind of hair style.

14. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

i watched the first 2 eps...pretty good so far... but im pretty sure this series hav pretty high exspectations..

15. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

another long drama, hope it will be as good ones that came out in earlier years.

16. right now they talking about the past (1994) thast why ramonds hair is so weird...and notice the weird old fashioned cell phones -lol

17. donovan11

donovan11 Member

i think the series is interesting for the 1st 4 episodes. Hope that it will remain as interesting in the future episodes too.

18. mvtt388

mvtt388 Active Member

anyone have megaupload link ???????????????????

19. kitkit88

kitkit88 Active Member

i like this series alot.....especially when damien lau saids he'll resign with wong yeh....tats da suprise i would like 2 c in da series.....well done by the producer n director.......hoping more suprises in future episodes

20. chiew9390

chiew9390 Member

seems that damien lau character in every series also kinda same... :) tough+smart+kinda stubborn man