Ep. 22 Discussion

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by sillierabbit, Aug 14, 2007.

1. sillierabbit

sillierabbit Well-Known Member

Obviously, if you havn't seen 22 don't read this. But wtf lols Charmaine's mom's death is so random lols. Did anyone feel emotional at the scene? I think it was pretty bad cause it didnt have any "real" emotional buildup and the plot leading up to it was kind of weak, I mean seriously? TVB couldn't think of anything but having Charmaine's mom kill her husband and FORGET about it? Kind of lame to me -dead. Heart of Greed has a better catharsis at episode 21 or 22 (I forget which one but it was when the 2nd wife gets kicked out)

2. muffinman

muffinman Active Member

Well.. abused for years.. killing the husband.. and because she was under too much pressure and emotional stress.. her subconscious had erased that memory to protect herself. It can happen. It's why we have psychology.

But I never took much liking in Charmaine's mom.. she is one of the worst actors in this drama..... every time she talks bother me.. her voice sounds very fake and nothing was convincing. so i guess that's why I don't feel emotional when she died. im sorry to say i fast forwarded. but rest in peace because this drama is probably better off without u.

it was sad when charmaine cried though. she's good.

#2 muffinman, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  3. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

I agree with sillierabbit that Charmaine's mom death was poorly done. Also, Charmaine's crying when her mother died was pretty good, but there were no tears at all.... (maybe she wasn't said enough that her mother died?.?

4. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Gosh~~ glad they got rid of her~~ her character in this drama is sort of irrelevant though

5. i don't think it's random at all... she couldn't live with the guilt of killing her own husband but the scary part was a person killing someone and not remember it.. is quite freaky. Her mother's death will thicken damian's feud with his brother and his wife... and imagine when charmaine find's out that damian's wife had a part in pushing her mother to suicide...what will happen with raymond/charmaine relationship?... with such a long series....you'd expect these deaths and many more to come ; )