Elliot Ngok Passes Away

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by xaznxryux, Oct 22, 2018.

1. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Veteran actor Elliot Ngok Wah (岳華) passed away on October 20, 2018 in Canada. He was 76 years old. He is survived by his wife, Tanny Tien Lie (恬妮), and their daughter, Faye.

Born in 1942, the late veteran actor started his acting career in 1965 under Shaw Brothers. His shot to fame was the 1966 wuxia film Come Drink with Me <大醉俠>, costarring Cheng Pei-pei (鄭佩佩) and the late Chan Hung-lit (陳鴻烈). In 1975, Elliot Ngok married fellow actress Tanny Tien.

Elliot Ngok’s debut appearance on TV was in 1980, when he received the offer to star in two successful television dramas for the now defunct Rediffusion Television—Gone with the Wind <浮生六劫> and Fatherland <大地恩情>. In 1987, Elliot Ngok signed with TVB, and debuted his first TVB appearance with 1987’s The Seasons <季節>. He left Hong Kong for Vancouver, Canada in the 1990’s, but ultimately returned to Hong Kong and TVB in the late 2000’s. His best known works with TVB include 1988’s Looking Back in Anger <義不容情>, 2008’s The Gem of Life <珠光寶氣>, and 2009’s Rosy Business <巾幗梟雄>. His last TVB drama was 2015’s Captain of Destiny <張保仔>.

Returning to Canada in 2015, Elliot Ngok’s last interaction with the public was this past August, when his fan club shared a recent photo of him on social media. At the time, he was working on a show in Toronto. Looking much skinnier and fragile, his appearance alarmed many fans and netizens.

Two days before Elliot Ngok passed, he was admitted to the hospital. He passed away in the comfort of his wife and daughter.

Elliot’s good friend, Cheung Chi-kok (張之珏) said, “My younger sister received a text from Tanny, telling her that Wah Gor has passed away. Wah Gor and my sister are very close, and I am also very close to their daughter. I felt horrible after hearing the news. Last year, I originally wanted Wah Gor to star in my stage play… I am mourning. I am thinking of all the great times we’ve had together.”

Siu Yam-yam (邵音音) said, “He has been sick for a while. It’s the old age. This day is bound to come. He’s always volunteered and visited assisted living clinics to sing and perform for the residents. He gave them so much warmth and happiness.”

Sources: yahoo.hk , hk01.com
    Article Taken from: Jaynestar

#1 xaznxryux, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

RIP

I saw the recent picture and he really did lose a lot of weight

3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

damn, another good actor departed with us

4. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

RIP you're in a better place!

5. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

There is no escape for any of us from the march of time. What we leave behind, that sense by others, of our contribution while we were here, defines the worthiness of lives lived. In this view, Elliot is remembered as one who entertained us and gave us considerable joy in our seeing of Canto media, rendering them more wholly complete in our view. Rest in peace, Elliot. You did well with your life and your contributions will not be forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DarylDixon

DarylDixon New Member

Hello guys,,
    24 Oct – Hong Kong actors have recently expressed their sadness over the death of veteran actor Elliot Ngok Wah." data-reactid="18" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Hong Kong actors have recently expressed their sadness over the death of veteran actor Elliot Ngok Wah.

As reported on Mingpao, Ruco Chan, who worked with the actor in his last drama, "Captain of Destiny", took to social media to express his thoughts about the loss.

"I didn't want [the news] to be true. I have worked with him on several dramas, and I have learned so much from him. His professionalism, integrity, and his meticulous care for others is something that I will strive to follow.

"I thank fate for the opportunity to tech news free netflix work with you, and thank you for your continued contribution to Hong Kong. I will miss you, Brother Ngok," he added.

Tony Hung, who also worked with Elliot on the said series, praised the actor for being such a friendly senior.

"He was the nicest actor I have ever met. It is worth learning from him," he said.

Ada Choi, who worked with Elliot in "The Gem of Life", couldn't help but shed a tear upon hearing the news, saying that it was unexpected.

"He was very professional and respectful. He made me feel very secure during filming," she said.

As for Grace Chan, the actress who played Elliot's daughter in "Overachievers" said that the actor was friendly and kind.

#7 DarylDixon, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Feels so sudden. RIP.