Edison Chen will star in "The Grudge 2" American version

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Apr 5, 2006.

1. t0gp77.jpg
    Tuesday April 5, 2006 Hong Kong

Edison Chen is will film in Hollywood and star in "The Grudge 2", and will not let rumored girlfriend Maggie Q show him up.

Overseas reports, because "The Grudge" was such a big success in America, the film industry has decided to film sequels 2 and 3; and for the second one, Edison will be the male lead role. Edison is part of Hong Kong's company Cora and Edison's broker, yesterday in Hong Kong's telephone confirmed that this is his first Hollywood firm.

His company revealed that Edison went to Japan to go sightseeing. The first half of this year will be saved for "The Grudge 2", he looks to this opportunity as very important. But Hollywood contract rules are very secretive, including the roles and who plays it, cannot be revealed very easily. Currently, Edison has not signed any contracts with Hollywood film producers yet.

Understanding the film, Edison has a very big role in "The Grudge 2", he is collaborating with very popular idol star Sarah Michelle Gellar, and "Flashdance" leading lady Jennifer Beals, etc, all very hot actors. Japanese director has seen Edison in "Initial D", and has a very deep impression of him.

The Canada-born Edison, is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, English, and Japanese four languages; before, he worked with Jackie Chan and Claire Forlani in the Chinese film "Exempt from the Dead Gold Metal". Last year, he and Jay Chou went to Venice to promote "Initial D", so he received a lot of international attention. Coincidentally, recently, Edison and Maggie Q's scandal about sleeping over together exploded, Maggie Q and Tom Cruise collaborate "Mission Impossible 3", started to do international promos, so Hollywood has seen her a lot. Edison has also started flying to Hollywood. This pair of older girl younger boy scandalous rumors with their fluent English and very whitewashed, has attracted a lot of attention.

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/060405/15/305wq.html
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum

2. i hate him... but this is a huge step for edisons career...imagine all the white girls love him after he stars in a hollywood film >_<

3. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

good for him its nice to see an asian face in hollywood cuz right now theres really non there except for jackie chan jet li and maybe zhang ziyi

4. Mastermagic84

Mastermagic84 Member

That's actually pretty huge, for all asians, to be able to have an asian (non action) guy break through and play a big role in hollywood

5. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

same thoughts here -lol

but i can think of some other stars that has more potential than him :p

6. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

*ahem* He isn't that good-looking >>"

7. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

What's up with that stupid "C" sign he always makes with his hands?

8. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Lol, maybe it's his stupid gimmick or something -_- Who knows. *shrugs*

9. keviman1

keviman1 New Member

Haha. It's not their fault they grew up in the Americas and are "whitewashed" so to speak. Anywho, I thought the American version of The Grudge was mediocre, crossing finger the next two sequels will be better.

10. shy

shy Well-Known Member

It's supposed to represent his "CLOT Cru", hence the 'C'...

I never thought Edison was a good actor, nor have I thought he was hot. He's such a show off...he thinks he's all that just because he knows how to speak in english. I remember him writing "F*** BUSH" on one of his album's credit page. How retarded is that? He's not even American.

11. yea also in his song "HongKong Ground" he says this is his land lol he's from canada... what a fake son of *****.

12. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

I think this is good for Edison, and Chinese film industry in general. Finally, people in Americas will see stars never heard of before, and will see that we're not all kung-fu chopping, "hiiyaa"-screaming, flying skinny people.

But I hope Edison doesn't sell out, and keeps true to HK (haha, even though he's technically only .5 HK)

It seems like people here don't like Edison, and I agree, he can be cocky at times. But hey, someone's gotta represent HK (Chinese) people here in Americas.... :p

13. meh i've seen grudge 2 japanese and it was mediocre..

but good hopefully he'll break through hollywood since he's got the looks..

i kinda recall not seeing much of a male lead in the grudge 2.. (it was all girls?) maybe i could be wrong.

14. axrustyxglove

axrustyxglove Well-Known Member

yay! edison! haha love that dude.

15. lidool_jennii

lidool_jennii Active Member

wAh....nice >< never thought edison would be doing that..yeh big step for him!!

16. G0LDF15H

G0LDF15H Member

I don't really like Edison..to me, he seems to always have that cocky smirk on him -_-. I never knew he was from Canada, and he can speak English fluently?? woah

17. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

so happy for him!!keke!he mite b cocky but i still think hes cute!!keke!

18. fnergance

fnergance Member

wow i woodnt mind seeing edison in the grudge 2..

how weird though.. an hk singer/actor in a hollywood movie..

sounds interesting..

19. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

I've heard him speak english in some of his movies but it sounded really white and forced to me. Not cool at all. Although maybe it was his role?

20. sitorbewwi

sitorbewwi Well-Known Member

wow.. now grudge is never gona be scary cos edison's gona be in it