Edison Chen back in HK ; Leaving showbiz indefinitely

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Feb 21, 2008.

1. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

I think he does deserve some credit for apologizing...his speech seemed more sincere than gil's...

He has come far with just a Gr 10 high school background..

In the future he should think about making friends that can fix computers! Or maybe just destroy the computer and buy a new one - forget the pictures!

2. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Not really. Pam And was because of her boobs and her slutty style. With Paris it was no other. But either or, it was in the USA which is totally DIFF'T from the ASIAN CULTURE. Stop comparing apples to orange.

USA doesn't give a fuk about EDISON. He is NOTHING man. Stop acting like he can find salvation in the USA. That guy is trash in the eyes of most Asians/Chinese to begin with. gfight1

3. neko-pochi

neko-pochi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be quite so sure about this. He has perfect English and good acting skills. He's starring or gonna star in The Grudge 2 (American version). They might not care now, but he got the talent and is smart. It does make me wonder if this whole scandal thing was what he wanted.... Scandals in the US don't ruin ppl as much as it is in HK right now.

4. big_d

big_d Active Member

true scandals seem to help people here in the US but i don't think he will be getting any big roles.

5. wang_bao

wang_bao Well-Known Member

I think several HK careers will end now especially for some girls who were
    on those photos.

I thought Edison is a well character even in his private life but now we can see his
    sexual behavior.

6. lizlizliz

lizlizliz Member

its.... He "WILL" gone overseas to heal his wounds... not he "had"

7. lizlizliz

lizlizliz Member

Perez did.....

8. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

Dont blame on the media, they need to eat too. Blame the hk ppl, they like entertainment news so the media just provide them as much as possible.

Overall i hope this scandal come to an end.

9. ochibi12

ochibi12 Well-Known Member

I have to say, HK sleaze news actually beats Hollywood for once. xP Not that I don't feel sorry for the guy, but you know what they say: There's no such thing as bad publicity. People will forget soon enough and maybe this event will even jumpstart his career. Everything happens for a reason. Jiao you Edison!

10. Cathyc3286

Cathyc3286 New Member

I think he is sorry........already......beside it is his personal life.......and also he is a normal guy like everyone else........
    beside i think that everyone deserve a second chance......I believe that everyone....in their live have at least made a mistake which have forgive by others.......i know i did.............that is what i think and my opinion.....not trying to argue or anything.^^

11. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

i thought the triad is going after him .. what happened? is he dead already .. no news .. well, not that i wish that on him but there were so many rumors about triads and conspiracy .. i am very curious as to whether any of those rumors are actually true.

12. hkop

hkop Well-Known Member

he is lang jai, he'll get business else where for sure.

13. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

He has no talent. This does the HK industry good.

14. macahlo

macahlo New Member

edison's a pimp!

15. ochibi12

ochibi12 Well-Known Member

I know; there are rumors that he will be playing a character in Stephen Chow's DBZ Hollywood production that's coming up. I wonder if he will still accept or be asked after this fiasco. But I'm sure if he gets the chance he would go for it.
    Besides, I agree what people do in their private lives should be none of our business. Gossip away, but when it boils down to the nitty gritty, we still want to be able to see our favorite actors on the tv screen. It's like the whole Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky episode--sure he's a public figure but just because of that it should not affect his personal life. Would we want someone who has private life issues but a charismatic and efficient person as the head of our society, or an idiot who may or may not have private life problems handling the affairs of the state?

16. miniaznray

miniaznray Active Member

Hope EDC won't stop his CLOT production looking forward to him moving on to Hollywood

17. RockyChar

RockyChar Member

funny shit how they said they got F.B.I and like canada's police too but its like perfectly legal in Canada so i think all those bullshits they said are lies.

18. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

More than 90% of stuff in the media are lies.

19. nice2858

nice2858 Member

well he should leave show biz cos he has practically ruined lives of many girls involved in this

20. uwtreblig

uwtreblig Member

well, i think he should have left the entertianment bussinessin teh very beginning becuase for a few reasons, 1. it didnt seem to fit his style.
    2. no mater what, the press loved attacking him (just like a younger britney spears)
    3. not a lot of people enjoyed his singing, his acting was kinda stiff too..
    4. i think show biz has negative effects on him (he got attacked by strangers, and now a sex scandal!)

A lot of people didnt like him (i dont know why, but what do they have against Edison?)
    He did get a good thing running in the entertainment show biz. However, life is hard and i get the feeling that he hasnt properly embraced it yet. Maybe when he is older, he will understand. I also get the feeling he wants to do something super patriotic .