Eason & Joey sells the most albums this year

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Wednesday December 7, 2005 Hong Kong

Joey Yung and Eason Chan’s albums have both respectively become the best selling album for the female and male singer of this year. Not only are both of them proud of their achievements, there company are also very happy.

Eason said that from what he has heard, his latest album has sold 40 000 copies. He is extremely happy about the CD sales because in today’s music industry, it is hard to sell a lot of CDs. Some of Eason’s good selling albums include, ‘Happy Ferris Wheel’ and ‘Karaoke King’. To have kept such a high number of album sellings, Eason said that he must have a great bunch of fans.

translated by angelic_eyes25 @ http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

2. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

Rough translation of 2 articles.

Most recent reports show the Top 4 Album Selling Males.
    1. Eason Chan
    2. Jay Chou
    3. Hacken Lee
    4. Leo Ku

Reports point out that Eason's newest album "How?" has sold 40,000 copies and his newest cantonese album "U87" sold 30,000 copies. Eason says he's happy about the news but it does not compare to album sales 5 years ago. Because of the good album sales Eason plans on treating collegues to dinner.

Eason will hold 6 concerts between February 11 & 16, 2006. The title of the concerts will be "Get A Life". Which in English slang stands for take hold of your life, don't have dark and hopeless thoughts, but rather turn to the bright side of things.

Source 1

Source 2

Translator: happy_movie_goer

3. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

wow!i really didnt think he would have sold the most..i fort it mite be jay chou!!well what do i know!keke!

4. bubs132

bubs132 Well-Known Member

hacken =)

5. DaProdigy_718

DaProdigy_718 Well-Known Member

wut the.... 40,000?!?!?!

That's NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PLATINUM. Are you sure the numbers are right?

6. i doubt asian music reach real Platinum status lol what is plat anyways (100,000?) 40k is considered good in the asian market. dont compare American music sales to Asia's, because of the piratecy.

7. don

don ello

yay!!! jay chou!!!!

8. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Jay Chou should be first. Hmph.

9. don

don ello

yeah he should be....time to go stock up on his albums hehe

10. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

haha. Doesn't he have a new album that just came out recently? o_O Not the November's Chopin one.. My friend said that her dad got a copy for her when he was in China. I asked her if I could borrow it, but I'm currently on the waiting list. >_>OLOR]

11. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

congrat Joey Hacken and Eason

12. its an EP which only has three new songs , one being the fearless movie theme song.

13. mszmoron

mszmoron Member

i would prefer joey and hacken x]