Eason Chan - What's Going On...? Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by shinobi, Nov 26, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

Product Title : What's Going On...?
    Singer Name(s) : Eason Chan
    Release Date : November 24, 2006
    Language : Cantonese
    Publisher : Cinepoly

01. 裙下之臣
    02. 最後的嬉皮士
    03. 白玫瑰
    04. 黑擇明
    05. 富士山下
    06. 不如不見
    07. 心深傷透
    08. 解藥
    09. 天公地道
    10. 粵語殘片

2. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

so.....how did u guys find the album?? i kinda expected sumthing similar to his last two album...U87 and Life Continues.....but.....after listening to it....it seems like the route he went changes??? Most of the songs all have a jay chou feel to it?? a lot of melodious and touching feel about it....kinda like some of his songs when he just started out..

3. Asianiza

Asianiza Member

I think that album is quite good....but just so different to his other songs...

4. i personally love his ballads this is more of ballad album :) but yea missing some of those fast and upbeat eason songs he sings.. but still a terrific album.. probably one of the best albums (again) to come out of HK.

5. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

I only like the first and fourth track. Don't really like the others. Maybe if I listen to it more. I liked his U87 much better.

6. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

im so glad he came out with another album..its just so awesome. i am lovingg his ballads

7. MonkeyDJeffy

MonkeyDJeffy Active Member

this is an awsome album.. ! everyone should buy it.. !

8. peacebreaker

peacebreaker Active Member

just bought it and listening to it right now. looks good so far

9. shyyun83

shyyun83 Active Member

hmm..comparing to U87, i would say i still prefer U87. That album was really a great album. It has all different types of music...Really album of the year!

10. zhouxianwen

zhouxianwen Well-Known Member

i don"t like it

11. i quiet like this album considering i'm not really a fan of his... i find Track 1 and Track 3 the best... n funny... the MV for Track 1 was almost exactly how i imagined it to b...

12. happi

happi Member

The album is actually really different from his previous albums because there is not one k-song in the album. The closest one would be track 5 (Under Mt. Fuji) and even with that song, I don't know how many people would sing it at k.

Good overall album. It is different enough to turn people away and at the same time, attract those that are looking for different things and change.

13. littlebaby

littlebaby Well-Known Member

the album not too bad

14. Kali

Kali Active Member

yeah pretty good

15. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I didn't like this album at all (well, I'll see if that will change with me playing it a hundred times more)
    I think the songs are not up to par for his talent, they are too average and, I consider that a deterioration for his music styles. I mean, if the song can be properly sung by one of those starlet singers, I really don't see that point of wasting his vocal talent on it.
    All in all, a disappointment to me :(

16. dot

dot Well-Known Member

i really like 富士山下... the rest is so-so...

17. ahming_5a9

ahming_5a9 Member

he is not handsome but singing very good ..... every time sing k must sing his song

18. lazycatherine

lazycatherine Active Member

he is a great singer . . .

19. happi

happi Member

But which starlet would sing these songs? These songs are more on the pop/rock category and there aren't any well established singers or upcoming singers that sing this genre. You may think its a waste of his vocal talent but I don't know of one singer in the HK industry today that can sing track 6 like Eason did.

I feel that once you've proven you've got the vocals, you don't have to show them off everytime. If you are a good singer you can make the most ordinary song sound good without tremendous vocals. But on the other hand, its hard to follow up on vocals when he had Fau Kwa.

20. kagome10

kagome10 Well-Known Member

i think its a good album