Eason Chan: I'd Rather Not Sing Than Lip-sync

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Tuesday December 6, 2005 Hong Kong

Translated by happy_movie_goer

Recently, Eason has lost his voice and was forced to stop working. He met with the 港台十大中文金曲 award ceremony's reporters. His voice was high pitched and weak, he even made fun of his own voice. He indicated that he has rested for a few days and his voice has still not restored. Right now, his voice is very flat and high pitched. Probably because Shanghai's weather turned cold in addition to talking non-stop for five hours. At first it was a little cough, later his voice became weak and when he woke up he realized that he had lost his voice. He saw a doctor in Shanghai and the doctor said it was probably caused by eating monosodium glutamate. He is now, still eating medicine and the best thing is to not talk.

Eason knows that Jacky Cheung also lost his voice and says that Jacky's situation is more serious, so rest is necessary. Eason has been forced to cancel all of his near future work. On Saturday, Eason was supposed to appear at Wyman Wong's show and Tung Wah Charity Show but, right now, he does not know if he will be able to sing. A reporter asked him: "why don't you lip-sync?" He responds: "there's no meaning in lip-syncing, I'd rather not sing." The reporters point out that Joey Yung has been lip-syncing, Eason replies: "every singer has their own way of doing things."

Taken from: http://news.sina.com.hk/cgi-bin/news/show_...90&ct=entertain

#1 shinobi, Dec 6, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. erica

erica Member

yeah... :D go eason!!he is totally rite..i hate singers who lyp syn. !!
    that reporter sucks

3. bigpapa bEn

bigpapa bEn Well-Known Member

what knida reporter is that? tells eason to lip syn? wtf is he insane?

4. well when singers dont feel well they can take the lip - sync route... its kind of a trend in hk :p but yea eason a great live singer and true artist ...wont lip sync!

5. bigpapa bEn

bigpapa bEn Well-Known Member

well is the the lip sny part that drives me crazy .. is that reporter tells him to lip - syn ... thats really insane

6. twinsrock3000

lol hes like dissing joey rite there

7. KrAznGirl

KrAznGirl Well-Known Member

if i were a singer i would never take the risk of lip syncing, ruin your carrer right there.

8. daydreamer

daydreamer Well-Known Member

i dont think what the reporter said is crazy, he/she is just tryin to get some news

9. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

i respect eason for not lip synching. :bigthumb:

10. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

stupid reporter..eason just dissed joey right there. lmao. so glad he doesnt lip-sync

11. kittykat_meow

kittykat_meow Active Member

i think that was admiriable...it would be such a rip off for the audiences if he really did lip-sync

12. Feral

Feral Well-Known Member

Whats the point in having concerts that we have to pay to get in, when actual artist don't sing but lip-sync. I'm glad Eason doesn't agree with this method since he's a really good singer and it will ruin his image if he did use lip-sync.

13. OTL

OTL Active Member

Props my brother!

14. Flavante

Flavante Well-Known Member

wow *bows*

15. om@

om@ Active Member

<3 eason! he doesnt need to lipsync anyway

16. don

don ello

eason sure is a great singer! go eason=)

17. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

Well done i su[pport him lip sing better dont sing if not good to do so

18. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

i think lip sync-ing is only for those who are not talented enough to sing live. eason totally can sing live...and he knows it. so why spoil his reputation? haha...great answer from eason. very diplomatic.

19. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeee... because of this, I got more respect for him now.

20. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

reporter bit siao ar.. ask so mou liu question.. in other words, tryin spoil eason's reputation.. lip sync>.<
    wish him well soon.. i like his songs.. good composer