Drinkin warm water VS Drinkin cold water after meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by dannylak23, May 26, 2007.

1. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Haha...I've got a really tolerant stomach...what the chinese call a stomach of steel, lol. I do drink filtered water from the tap...been safe so far. And I've had lots of hawker food, so I guess my resistance is quite high...hehehe

2. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

serious?? u mean u drink water straight from the tap???

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Some countries got filtration systems which allow water from taps to be consummable even without boiling...

4. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

o wow thats quite interesting since i am a cold water drinker lol

5. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

lol cold water, is suppose to be bad, for you, but it keeps you cool on a summer day much better than coke and it tastes better than warm water, then again....now i'm changing back to drinking hot water anywayz

6. dreyvii

Yup...but it's filtered...not the really high quality filter, but it does its job...and so far so good-whistle

Not in my country. Actually after being treated at the plant, the water is safe for consumption even without boiling. It's after the water is distributed through the rusty pipeworks...that's what pollutes it

I can't bear drinking hot/warm water...somehow cold water tastes clearer to me...haha. Funny tastebuds I have. But you're right, water is good, better than coke

7. aishiteru4

oh pls hiake... stop bombarding all our posts... well since u missed out so much.. let me update u!! me, drey, BRain are all from msia!
    well.. yes there are lots of countries that do..
    BUT NOT MALAYSIA!! get it rite.. please.. would i be askin that q if i knew it might be filtred?? pls? now i know how u got ur posts ... well u were sayin i double post rite?? u do edit.. have to give u credit for the time used for that.. but u dont read!!!>.<

8. hiake

Well, I didn't know that aforementioned question was a rhetorical one and not expecting an answer... I was trying to be helpful by replying to a question, somehow it's a carnal sin? I've learn my lesson here, I shall never even TRY to be nice to anyone who I don't know anymore. Since they like to bite a helping hand offered.

9. aishiteru4

wow.. if it was intended that way.. then i will have to apologize.. but from wot i saw it.. u just tot i was being ridiculous by asking such a silly question as to---> i might know there are countries with water filters... hmmm.. or maybe i dont.. i wonder if new zealand have one?? i think so.. cos i drink out of a tap here!.. n to clarify.. i m currently situated in NZ.. incase u r gonna say.. oh now.. so u drink from a tap.. n asking drey y does she do that ... -ohmy
    -lol

10. hiake

LOL, I grew up in Hong Kong, you think I am unfamiliar with how they all have to boil the water, then cool it down (which is a HUGE hassle)... I would know... Trust me, I would know... But I guess I developed my affection for hot water back in those days... since I have to wait forever for cold water...

It's all cool.

11. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I am in Canada and I've been boiling my water to drink for over 15 years. A habit from HK. Recently I got a water machine with a few filters inside and it's excellent. Super clear and clean water without even boiling it.

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

shit still boil water here in the U.S. just a matter of customs and traditions my family can't break

13. dreyvii

Yeah, I guess it's a Chinese inborn thing that you must boil your water before you drink it. My parents still believe in it...I guess I just swayed from tradition cos I was too lazy. Heheh...

Oh, the only time I enjoy a hot drink is when its winter and its cold. Erm...not that we have winter in M'sia, but when I was overseas I really enjoyed sitting down and relaxing with sth hot in winter.

14. aishiteru4

yes yes.. like hot chocolate... but...the best would be ting yit choh assam milk tea.. hehehe

15. hoyummi

hoyummi Member

I prefer cold water overall.

16. longblack

longblack New Member

Interesting read & thanks for the info. Will try to take more warm water now.

17. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

hmm.. in hk i use to boil water before drink too.. soooo WASTE time.. now, i just buy a lot of water bottle packs lol..

anyway, i think drink cold stuff is generally not good anyway.. everytime i get tummyache, my tummy is cold.. so i always drink hot/warm stuff.. and after, i feel better pretty fast

18. ryoko

ryoko Member

I heard that is not good to drink cold water because the metabolism of you body will have to overwork to try to make it be with the same temperature of your body.
    And I also heard that is recommended to drink water only 1 hour before or 1 hour later of any meal or you will compromise the digestion of the food

19. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

its better to drink warm water...
    hot water just feels weird and uncomfortable after a meal..
    whilst cold is not as healthy as hot water for you..
    so drink warm water to be on the safe side. -lol

20. cwho

cwho Well-Known Member

i drink cold water