Drinkin warm water VS Drinkin cold water after meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by dannylak23, May 26, 2007.

1. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

There is a reason why Asian parents prefer hot/warm water over cold water. In the past, they had to boil the water in order to kill the bacteria and germs that live in the water. Because of this, they have grown accustomed to drinking warm water. The introduction of more advanced water purification techniques made boiling the water before drinking a thing of the past. Because of this, younger generations tend to drink cooler water.

2. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i prefer cold water.

i guess it doesn't really matter if it's cold or hot/warm... atleadt ur drinking water. :p

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Well, the water purification standard is not quite the same around the world even to this day... So I'm just playing it safe going traditional :p

4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

so you saying western boiling water has a funny taste to it ;).....nah say no to warm water....yuck -lol

5. reno

reno Well-Known Member

the nurses got me to drink ice cold water straight after getting wisdom teeth out

so cold water ftw! lol

6. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

hey, my friends told me that I need to get some kind of shot b4 going back to HK. He said he was sick from drinking HK water when he got there because the HK water is being treated differently compared to water in U.S. Should I get the shot even though I was born and raised in HK?

7. brown_bear

^ if you were born there in hk it should really affect you i think

8. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

but I haven't been back for 13 years.

9. brown_bear

well with hk water...you're not supposed to drink it straight from the taps...because its dirty (not dirty as such...but xsome minerals or something like that) to make the water not really safe to drink.....yunless you boil it......or have a water purifier or just drink bottled water....so its up to you...if you want that shot.....being me im afraid of needles....so i'd take the option of not to drink straight from the tap

10. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I think there all myths. Drinking any water whether it cold or hot has nothing to do with the above.

11. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

Yea Ive read about this too.. but the hot water thing seems to kinda make sense too haha!

12. james2285

james2285 Member

i heard drinking warm water is better but i didnt that drinking cold water makes you lose weight

13. daveduno

daveduno Member

hmms i think hot water is better for a stomachache or if you're cold, while cold water is good for hot days =]

14. Wai2x

Wai2x Well-Known Member

I prefer warm drink with a meal but that's cos i find if i have a hot meal and then drink something cold, the tastes of the meal evaporates and so it's not as nice...but that's just me

15. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

I don't think shots are going to help you. Actually, unless you find out what those shots are for, I don't think anything will help you better than to refrain from drinking directly from the tap.

16. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

i think drey.. he musta meant shots against e coli or something heheh

17. dreyvii

You sure they have shots against e coli? Oh, I really didn't know that. Actually, e coli falls under traveller's diarrhoea, so as long as he refrains from eating from unhygenic roadside stalls, he should be ok. That would be missing out on a lot, of course, cos the 'gai bin' stalls offer some yummy food, but then if you think your tummy is tolerant then no harm trying. Besides, travellers' diarrhoea is self limiting, so all you need is a toilet and some oral rehydration salts...:)

18. aishiteru4

lol... nono.. ecoli can be due to dirty water too ;)
    heheh
    diarrhoea could lead to death ok... lol..
    too must fluids lost.. ehhehe dehydration... over heating of ur body system.... die!!! ahahha

19. dreyvii

^Yeah, it's because of the dirty water that the hawkers use...that's why the food is contaminated. Also the possibility of poor hygiene, eg: not washing hands after using the washroom. Fluid loss is not that bad. Travellers' diarrhoea hardly causes severe dehydration. It's cholera and other bugs that will give you really bad dehydration. E coli will bug you a couple of days and then settle down. Just make sure you drink ORS every few hours...shouldn't be too big a problem. You can also get anti-diarrhoeals OTC from pharmacies. Try activated charcoal or lomotil...should do the trick. Maxolon if you have vomitting

20. aishiteru4

wow.. u sound very.... err.... professional.. so one.. either drey jie jie's a DR or two.. drey jie jie's had e-coli before ehhe n most likely due to poluted unboiled water hehehe