Drinkin warm water VS Drinkin cold water after meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by dannylak23, May 26, 2007.

1. dannylak23

dannylak23 Well-Known Member

i got this article forwarding to me by my friends...

and decide to share with u all .. hehe..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drinking Warm Water

vs

Cold Water After A Meal

Interesting Article! Another new thing to put into practice!

It's always good to know these things.....

This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal, but about ladies and their heart attacks.

This makes sense.... the Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals...not cold water... maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating! Nothing to lose, everything to gain...

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

A serious note about heart attacks:
    Women should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.

You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive...

2. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ Losing weight does not necessary means healthier.

From my personal experience, people who usually drink warm water end up "digesting better" and less heart burn, reflux and stomach ache.

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

well i only see that drinking hot/warm tea during meals makes u feel less oily, due to the crazy amounts of oil those azn places all use ><

i still prefer drinking cold water, just a personal preference i guess

still, once ur "food" is ingested, its inside ur body where the core temps are around 37 degrees neway. if one mouthful of cold water is gonna instantaneously "freeze" it, u can beleive wat u want....

tho i know that, not every1 can drink cold water, especially those with very sensitive teeth.

but wat i stress most is, atleast here in aust, we can drink tap water =) its fine, no problems... u try doing that in asia u'd die!!
    which is y most asians here all drink hot water, cos they're used to boiling the water to kill germs etc

5. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

..i dont really believe the article..it doesnt really matter to me..water is water..hot or cold is the same..

6. hiake

@reno: It's true that our body is WAY warmer than a mouthful of cold water, yet it is still very delicate machinery. Consider, dropping 2 degrees in body temperature would have a person enter coma/ hibernation. I personally just don't like risking it :p

But anyways, in Canada we can drink tap water as long as it's cold, though I always have a bottle of lurk warm water at my side... Tap water just taste weird to me @_@b

@phoenixgirl16: Water is water if you are ALWAYS drinking distilled H2O, which most of us do not. If you consider tap water, warm water coming straight out of the tap contains WAY more "minerals" and "rust" and other "chemical" than cooler water -- NOT advisible for consumption as these chemicals would build up and possibly cause havoc in your system.

So I guess the whole hot water thing is a way to eliminate bacteria and all that @_@bbb Boil cool water THEN cool it down :D

7. crazyvoni

crazyvoni Well-Known Member

boo
    i love drinking cold water!
    i guess i'll have to stick ti up now and start drinking it warm X(

8. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

it's not gd for girls to drink cold drinks alot especially during menses....some of the blood will clog and remains in our endometrium...these accumulated clogs will lead to some kind of cyst and eventually we'll gonna have it remove...

9. hiake

I've also heard that it'd be more painful, the menses, for girls who drink cold water regularly. No clue why... Perhaps the "blood clogs" you mentioned play a role :(

10. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

so where would room-temperature water fall between this? it's not exactly cold water but it's not exactly warm water either...

11. hiake

Room-temperature would probably be closer to cold water than warm water... as warm water IMO = hotter than body temperature...

12. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i prefer cold water...and my rents hate it....but i dunno i prefer cold water to hot water....i think hot/boiling water tastes funny.....and my gran always boils water and then cools it down to warm temp and its like -sick2 i hate it so muchy....

13. hiake

Bbear is like Westerners :p Can't stand the taste of hot water...

I boil my water then cool it down to room temperature then nuke it back hot :p

Like my water hot...

14. KingPin

KingPin Well-Known Member

Beer. Thats the only thing to drink with a meal. Ice cold beer.

15. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

well i aint ashamed of it.....im born and bred in UK -rockon....-rotfl.....well hot/boiling water has a funny taste to it.....;) i dont moiind drinking hot chinese tea or something but plain hot water yuck

16. chickenutbread

^hehe. me too. you're not alone. i can tolerate the taste, but i won't want to willingly drink warm/hot water.

17. hiake

I don't like the fact that they have the iron-y (no pun intended) taste to many hot water from the boiler... Especially in Westerner's restaurants (probably coz they don't realize that their hot water got an odd taste)

Still like warmer water though :p

18. sora_lily

sora_lily Well-Known Member

Boiled water does have a different taste since my mom has done it for years and still does. She also makes me drink soup after my dinner most days. I guess it'll help me in the future and it's not like I hate soup and tea. Makes me feel a little more asian.:D

19. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

Well, I like drinking warm water during or after meals b/c sometimes cold water doesn't settle well in my stomach after meals.

20. chickenutbread

^"doesn't settle well?" you get a stomach ache or something?