"Dragon Tiger Gate" Pockets 30 Million yuan at the Box Office

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by shinobi, Aug 1, 2006.

1. [​IMG]
    Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - Hong Kong

The new Hong Kong kungfu movie "Dragon Tiger Gate" has already gripped 30 million yuan in box office takings after only a week across Asia.   

The movie debuted in Asian countries simultaneously on the 28th of last month.   

Three days after the premiere, the Hong Kong box office had accumulated more than 5 million yuan and the Chinese mainland 12 million yuan.   

Some criticized the movie’s simple plot before its premiere, but it turns out that audiences did not agree.   

Sina.com reported that 80 percent of audiences responded well to its kung fu scenes.   

Starring Donnie Yen, Nicholas Tse and Shawn Yue, the action movie is based on the popular Hong Kong comic series by Tony Wong of the same name.  

A sequel to the movie is already being planned.  

credits: chinabroadcast, asianfanatics.

2. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

looks rly good

cant believe they r planning a sequel already -batman

3. i'm looking forward to c Donnie Yen... hahaha... i'm really starting to think i got the thing for older guys :p

4. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

So is it a new movie out in theatres? I already so it in 翻版 (pirated) in stores ...

5. Only in theaters at the moment, the ones in the shops now are "bootleg" aka recoreded with a hand held camera.

6. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's fast for bootleg ... and to get it into the stores here from China

7. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

wow.. i think it's gonna b hard finding to dl now.. i'll juz wait till it's released in this forum:)
    yay donnieeeeeee i love his fighting.. omg. i also think i'm falling for older cool guys.. like andy lauuu... tony leungg.. ekin.. and i love NCIS GIBSON... handsomeeeee
    hmm seems like shawn yue always get such roles in movies... prolly a favourite of directors..

8. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Im expecting really good things from this

9. modem_man

modem_man Member

Wot's the storyline?

10. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

hope its a good movie... havent really seen any good hk movies this year.

11. singlung2099

singlung2099 Well-Known Member

I want to see whether or not they're faithful to the comic/manga hmm Gonna have to read it again

12. Three young martial arts masters emerge from the back streets of Hong Kong to help the powerless fight injustice.

13. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

really wanna see it bu im waiting for it to come out on dvd

14. don

don ello

hmmmm.....i wanna see this too :D

15. backy

backy Member

if u love action and fighting u will love this film really good ;D

16. cyta

cyta Member

wooh it looks cool
    hk movies......
    30 mill ehh /?

17. kkhui

kkhui Well-Known Member

i can't wait!! if it's so popular, it's really an up from the norm, which is just having pretty ppl. not many movies have good plots! buh of coz, yay, nick and shawn!!^_^

18. kxie

kxie Active Member

oohhh, cant wait for this movie. looks really good. i like all donnie yen movies.

19. littlebaby

littlebaby Well-Known Member

it looks quite interesting movie to me! =]

20. ♥TVXQ♥

♥TVXQ♥ Well-Known Member

Wow, this movie must be very good. i can't wait to watch it! alrdy another seuel, thats quick!