Does Fairy exist?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by THF20, Feb 2, 2007.

1. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Well... I was wondering there is all kind of fairy in lots of stories such as tree, tooth, snow, sun, spring...

So do they actually exist in a particular century, is it just a myth or imagination for some people?

What do u think? -unsure

2. 00hoangc

00hoangc Active Member

hahha....erm...i'm guessing they dont exist? but to hell with that xD i'm positive they do >:] otherwise santa wouldnt be real either T____T and and, where does all the money come form under my pillow when i lose teeth ?? huh ? huh ?

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I think it's just personification of so-called spirits of the world. Because pre-medival (I forgot the exact period, but it's quite ancient) time, people think that the world is ruled by Gods and spirits, so I guess fairies (or faeries) are a spin-off from that.

4. jnetcube5

jnetcube5 Well-Known Member

i don't really think so.

5. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

the only faiy that exist is the tooth fairy, and um, that's usually your parents

6. veeh

veeh Active Member

i doubt so

7. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

a better question: does grammar exist? :p

8. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

well isnt this an interesting topic...

9. kosoke

kosoke Active Member

I think it some kind of being - fairy is just a name.

10. lol I'm is about as shocked as you are...

tree, snow, sun fairies... now isn't that interesting...

11. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Yeh... there is all kind of them around different places.

12. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

hmmmmm wonder if there is a bathroom fairy

13. sn1ff

sn1ff Well-Known Member

haha... i was gona say that

14. Stephanie_Ng18

Stephanie_Ng18 Well-Known Member

I don't think they exist... its just some tales to get children to be good or to get them to do stuff I guess...

15. tawthalin

tawthalin Member

Never seen one.

16. flyingpig

flyingpig Member

y not?
    is it just because fairies just exist in children story ?

17. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

No offence, if you say fairies exist... Then you might as well say Dragon exist and Santa exist... and whatever you want to think exist...

18. popabbs

popabbs Member

fairies, ghosts, spirits... souls (as opposed to physical body of men)... do they exist ??

Folklores and mythology say they do exist. Ancient buddhist texts describes many other-worldly beings... e.g. Tien Lung Ba Bu ( 8 heavenly dragons... also the name of Jin Yung's famous wuxia novel).

It is also impotant to note that the singular most important teaching of mahayana buddhism is that nothing is real... everything that you know of with your sensory perceptions is nothing but like a dream... they are there as real as you can perceive, but there is no real substance to all phenomena as you know it.

More later... if there is interest in this topic.

19. happychic

happychic Well-Known Member

As a kid i used to believe in them as most kids do but we grow up realising they aren't real. I think its a myth but its a nice thought of there being real fairies in this world.

20. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I thought the 8 heavenly dragons (not the Jin Yung novel) is a scripture about 8 gods? I read and knew about Ashura and Yasha and Sumo, not sure if I spelt them right though.

And the non-reality aspect of being? The only thing I can say is that if I cannot believe in what I can or cannot see, there's no basis of human life. How do you know you are living (if fact you don't). And then it all goes down the metaphysics philosophy talk from this point onwards =_=b

And YES, interested.

For those who are interested in the "8 heavenly dragons" (myth no the novel) and can read Chinese, here is a good site for info: Clicky.