Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

Jacky Cheung owns in this field.... He can sing better then any new artist coming out

2. bestknightmare

bestknightmare Active Member

twins cant sing
    much like most of the hk singer are nothing insinging technique compare to english singers

3. whatdoido

whatdoido Well-Known Member

theres too many ppl who think they can sing in HK and to make it, you have to have the right image.. as seen by the marketting dept! so you have to be a pretty girl/good looking guy..

there are exceptions of course; some ppl are just plain unpleasant on the eye and cant sing neither -- will leave the libel lawyers at bay and not say anymore! :)

4. witxp

witxp Member

Even though Twins can't sing.
    They look very nice. -worship

5. flaresz

flaresz Well-Known Member

well, i think u should re phrase this topic, i mean, as u say, i think some of the artist cant sing, thats the same with every country. the reason why twins are so famous is because they aim their songs for children.. i personally think many chinese stars can sing...

6. jay1979

jay1979 Member

i think chinese stars are good singers especially the old singers...andy, jacky cheung and .....eventhough i don't understand chinese i listen to it more than english

7. cderic

cderic Member

I know they can sing but I dont know or can't hear what are they singing sometimes !!!

8. green8

green8 Well-Known Member

hk singers can sing well. Back in the day when the 4 heavenly kings dominated the music industry

9. rickoon

rickoon Well-Known Member

the old artists can sing, but the new singer can't really sing.

10. 1980

1980 Member

for the old batch = yes.... the new one... not really...

11. xxilk

xxilk Member

they can sing....is just "some"

12. Johnos

Johnos Member

Goshh... Every1s against twins? o_O

13. osnap1584

osnap1584 Member

i agree twins r better off actin

14. skysz86

skysz86 Well-Known Member

i agree twins really arent that good. they just have a lot of support from the producers. below average in both acting and singing. all their songs are extremely simple harmonies.

on the other hand, i take back wat i said before in my last post here about how there are no talented artists in the the hk music industry. like maybe 1 in a handful are good lol. Janice is really good, i heard her for the first time in the anniversary special. another relatively new good singer is denise ho. then there are the older good singers like jacky cheung and sammi cheng.

15. ang8888

ang8888 Member

it's true not all HK "singers" can sing...many from the newer generation can't but certainly they are unique in their own way...or else they won't become popular, as least won't for long.

16. ang8888

ang8888 Member

I like it when the artists sing for series/movie they are acting, like gallen lo, flora chan, charmaine sheh and recently myolie wu and roger kwok. That makes the series even more interesting.

17. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

I think the producers are now more concerned with looks than talent...Jacky Cheung, Eason Chan can sing...other than Anita Mui, Therese Tang, & Sammi, I haven't found women singers I like...

18. macd keith

macd keith Member

modern trend is and most " Artist's parents" strongly believe that if there

son or daughter become popular in public then they must, must, must

sing on release album, play art on drama series or movie, and wear

less cloth if they have too because of to get rich, rich, and rich .

Frankly, some artist can't sing well and they sing it anyway because

dream on big sale albums.

19. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I think that all Hong Kong Artists can sing but in their own way...

for example... twins(charlene choi & gillian chung)... to some people, they can sing very well but to some people, they sing rubbish...

20. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

OMG. The pic u have looks like my X. Damnit , she posted her pic everwhere. -censored