Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. brujah28

brujah28 Member

well.... some HK artists can really sing, but I guess their talent are still more on acting.... generally, the new singers now only look good, but have voices that will make toads look good.... -sweat

2. 51mulacrum

51mulacrum Well-Known Member

so can and some cant...lol you can only be a judge when they sing live......i think you are really asking if i think a hk artist can sing well....rarely these days....but hopefully singers that can sing can get more recognition....the industry right now is just about popularity

3. wolfsan

wolfsan Member

I think a few hk artists can sing, not to be bias or anything. I like new singers like Linda Chung though.

4. funky0563

funky0563 Member

i am enjoy the music that Homg Kong artist present. after all , there are so many quality cantonese song that produced .

5. punk

punk Member

most canto singers imho cant sing live.. their edited music sounds aight... its all about looks tho, and actors trying to sing as well.

6. xyinniex

xyinniex Active Member

male singers are alright most of the times.
    But female singers..they just sound like its too quiet or blackboard scratching.

I'm loving soler atm.

7. njthaman

njthaman Property of C Mui

some of the new people i have doubts about... but all the veterans can definitely sing... loving G.E.M. atm - she can really sing! and was pleasantly surprised by Wong Cho Lam at the JSG awards when he was singing with Leo Ku =D

8. benjihua93

benjihua93 Member

no i believe that the chinese music industry has hit a peak in porduction and that their music is better than ever

9. benjihua93

benjihua93 Member

yes hong kong artist can sing what kind of question is that

10. deenutz25

deenutz25 Active Member

to tell u the truth i dun think that nowadays hk artists can sing..hehe...look at bosco and even gillian from twins...they just can't sing..ok?!?...most of the times they get the award because they hav lots of fans or they look allright...oh yea...one good example WILLIAM...the newcomer guy...how come he got all the GOLD awards?!?...he can't sing...i must say that his dancing skills are so good...but he can't sing...hav u guyz heard TAXI that song...OMG is horrible!! no offence to william's fans tho! jus my personal opinion!

of course we still hav sum newcomers who can sing..example...GEM...her voice is really good...cant even compete wid linda and myolie...

11. Gamble

Gamble Member

my 2 cents
    i honestly beleive that the hk industry has changed to one which is like any other hollywood/western type of industry and that is about making the $ching ching$

having said that, then pretty much it is all about making the sales.

if an artist has a fan base, and releases a cd, then the fans will obviously buy it.
    thus creating sales......and therefore turnovers.....

this is why there has been so many actors/actresses turned singers...

it obviously creates alot of sh!t music out there, but honestly, it is a good system, in terms of making the G's

~~

12. ken890

ken890 Member

some really cant sing, some are average but they have a ''cheap non idol look''........like ivana...stephy......

13. Scooby_WRX

Scooby_WRX Member

I don't listen to the radio stations or watch tv much, but what I do see/hear of those hk "artists" are terrible. Absolute garbage. I think they just sell a look or an image to tasteless fans. They're screaming their heads off and buying all the crappy t-shirts and merchandise, so no one cares. Maybe if the fans started demanding better quality music from the industry...

14. Kasiro

Kasiro Member

I think the majority are pretty bad, but there are always some gems among the masses.

15. applepop

applepop New Member

Only a few. The rest are just pretty boys and girls targeting what the consumers want in the market.

16. STHD

STHD Member

Eason Chan can sing.... he is like the best male singer since the 4 prince 四大天王 ( leon, andy, aaron and Jacky) 黎明,劉德華,郭富城,張學友

17. coolrose

coolrose Member

Imo almost 90% of the new singer cant sing.Nowdays you cant get singer like Jacky Cheung or Anita Mui, it's all about pretty face.

18. cinnamoonn

cinnamoonn Member

i think the newcomers are getting more and more ridiculous lol, not ALL newcomers suck but the older bunch are still best when it comes to singing

19. Smyng

Smyng Member

20. mochachocolata

i like the matured artists like sammi, kelly, jacky etc but newcomers are awful, i dont even keep up with hk music very much now