Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. soymilk886

soymilk886 Member

lmfao actually there are only a very small # la
    other singers are just what they are by connections and other crap

2. d15z1sux

d15z1sux Well-Known Member

hrm there are a few newish singers now that can sing... and sum interesting songs. i like kay tse's album...

u can probably blame the crap songs on the producers or writers of songs. whats that guys name who writes like a few hundred songs a year, like no effort put into it his songs sound the same seems like hes just trying to make money.

3. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

some can sing but most artists are crap

4. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

dwnloaded sum girls album called G.E.M n it had sum decent songs on it, the singer is kinda good aswell

5. handrewx

handrewx New Member

everyone who is chinese can sing! ^^

6. moosespitz

moosespitz Well-Known Member

I've listened to the Twins, but no one else, so I'm not really too sure if HK people can sing.

The Twins sure can't. x:

7. hiddendragon

hiddendragon Active Member

Good talented singers are getting less, Not one particular since the Four kings:
    Leon Lai , Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung and Aaron Kwok. They were all great but none in that calibre these days who I would say good/ok but not great would be the likes of: Leo Ku, Joey yung, Nicholas Tse, Dave Chen, Michael Leung and Hacken Lee. Today I find Raymond Lam as a good singer.

8. xxark

xxark New Member

they're getting better-take away the reverb or echo effect then you'll know if they can sing[HIDE][/HIDE]=1

9. kenlee

kenlee Well-Known Member

i don't know about most of the new singers , but i still love listening to the oldies

10. aljs

aljs Member

eh..heard myvolie wu's album? lolz.. =.=" now even that bosco has decided to come up with his album... lolz hmmm i guess hk's economy is really bad that they decided to try new fields just to make more money

11. shamu

shamu Member

seems like back then (most of the artists that people are discussing from the 80s and 90s), being able to sing was a necessity

nowadays, it seems like just an added bonus to having the look of a pop star

12. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

There are singers who can sing, but there are also who can't and there are ones who can sing, but the song they're singing is really shit...

13. blossom2006

blossom2006 Member

funny that I started a topic similar to this thread somewhere else. anyways, the answer is obvious to some extent. ever listen to jade solid gold? it's horrible to the ears. i sometimes wonder how the hosts response is "wow...such a good song" it sounded as though they covered their ears and just blatently lie in front of the crowd. go figure. of course the 70 to 90s was the glory for cantopop, the awards actually do mean something. nowadays, hk music is just a joke and the awards are totally meaningless, it's like randomly giving to someone on the street. i'm not too sure of 70 to 80s music cause i wasn't born yet or didn't understand it because i was too small, but as I listen to it even this day I can appreciate the true talent and uniqueness of music that each singer performed, it's meaningful and easy on the ears too. i could listen millions of times and not get bored. you can see this today in jade solid and other performances that today's hk singers try to sing, they always perform older classic songs because many people relate to that music...as for today's singers (lol...i don't even know if i should give that title to them as many are talentless), their songs are a one-time-sing-and then forgotten. Very unmemorable.

14. T.O.

T.O. Active Member

Leo Ku is still the king..Leehom is very talented..Justin too..

15. jochelle

jochelle Member

hmmm..no idea..but one thing for sure i reckon the lyrics in the past are still the best...!!

16. lindachau

lindachau New Member

i think tawainese singers are better

17. willyxyanks

willyxyanks Member

i think some are pretty good and some are decent. Recently Raymond Lam is really popular and i went to one of his concert, the fans went crazy over him but i don't see why he's so great of a singer, its because of their looks. well to me at least

18. endlessluv42

endlessluv42 Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say that all of artistes in the HK's music industry are talentless. There are a few that can sing, but just doesn't have that X-factor to make it big. All the others, no comment.

19. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

People who say twins could sing are joking right?
    Anyways the good Hk singers are Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, Eason Chan, Hacken Lee, Kelly Chen And Leo Ku.
    Even though I think Hk music is terrible, The ppl I mentioned above are pretty good.

20. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

The Chinese music industry is falling into a bottomless pit, making horrible music.
    However, there are still a few singles that really catches my attention every now and then, giving a false sign of hope...