Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. EvaxTvxQ

EvaxTvxQ Well-Known Member

hmmm, I personally dont think SOME of the singers can sing like Twins and the actors that are becoming singers right now -sweat but i'm just saying some, so what's your opinion? It's like, their songs sometimes are annoying and like so childish. but iono, that's just me -^_^

2. i agree with u... some ppl should stick with acting... but there's heaps of HK artist that can sing... eg. Joey Yong, Justin Lo, Janice & Jill, Charles Ying, Ivana Wong, Ronald Cheng, Miriam Yeung, Kelly Chen... i can go on and on :p

3. tamagodaisuki

agree, before singer remained as singers, actors/actress remained as actors/actress, and if they do have talent, then they would build their career and do other stuff. but nowadays as long as you have the look or someone to support you, your a singer, model, actor, dancer, everything.............all about money and advertising in being famous!

4. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Just like round the world, some artist can only sing in a recording studio with the tech to make them sound nice, whilst some have talent and can sing live just as good as they sing in the studio.

But then again you do get quite a lot of HK artist who cant really sing

5. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Well only some i reckon, and i agree with you, some songs are quite childish like the Twin songs. Anyway there's loads of artists who can sing.

6. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

a lot of hk artists can sing.. theirs loads of them that could sing good too.
    even though some may seem childish or w/e, but their song is still addicting IMO.

7. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

But none of these singers should be that popular...their voices are good but not amazing...the only amazing hk singer i can think of is Jackie Cheung

8. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Yeah, I have to agree with u too. It seems Twins and some other groups, they just sell their look but they dont really have good singing skills to be honest. But there are still quite a few mature HK singers around like Andy Lau, Arron Kowk and Jackie Chen.

9. Some artists can't actually sing, it just seems like they are talkin >.<" But there are quite alot that can sing ^_______^

10. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

ermmm.... i think i agree with you to an extent for example Ron Ng - he's a great actor but really cant sing, i mean i understand that they're trying to make as much money as possible but i really cant stand the fact that people are blurring the line between singers and actors/actresses.

i think there are some great singers in hk its just the people who are supposed to be acting (tvb) are moving into singing as well such as Niki chow i mean dont get me wrong her singing is okay i actually quite like her stuff but i wouldnt say her voice is all that great i think its quite average. i think people in tvb should stick to acting and singing the odd TVB Themesong but shouldnt go any further :)

anyway thats my opinion :)

11. pochacco

pochacco Member

i think some can and some cant; for example Ron Ng! he defintely cant sing lar ><

12. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah... some can't... many can't... you have a rich family... then you can do pretty well in the biz... or you have a dirty background (ie. know people in the triads etc etc)
    But like... many are so bad... ugh.

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

even tho ron ng can't sing..alota ppl still listen to him

14. person

person Well-Known Member

Like Any Lau... a lot of people like him... yet he's a bad actor and singer... there are only a couple movies he's done that he's ok in...

15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

actually andy lau can sing

16. HellGuard99

HellGuard99 Well-Known Member

im a fan of andy lau. imo he can sing. but i agree im starting to hate alot of HK celebrities...many shows imo i think are utterly stupid and makes no sense. there seems to be a trend to "sing like a child"

17. person

person Well-Known Member

*shrugs* eh well people have different opinions. Actually, we have a concert DVD of his... he's not bad... but I don't think he's as good as Jacky Cheung, and to take over Leslie Cheung's spot of "Big Brother"... eh. That's what I think anyways.

18. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

jacky cheung has a good voice..hes the best in the 4 thingys

19. person

person Well-Known Member

Yep. But I heard he hasn't claimed the "Big Brother" title yet or ... yeah cause he acts like he's a god, or really high up and stuff. Really stuck up I guess?
    Meh, but no one has yet claimed the "Big Sister" title from Anita Mui as well... Although Joey Yung, Sammi, etc etc want that title. But both aren't that good. And Joey... personally I dislike her. She's pretty... but eh. Her voice is pretty good I admit... but her fast songs... we could do without...

20. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

joey yung isn't that pretty..i heard she got a lot of surgery done