Do you cry when you're sad?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by wondergirl, May 19, 2006.

1. wondergirl

wondergirl Well-Known Member

When I feel sad I'll usually cry to let it all out.

I think it's good if you are able to express your feelings. I know some people who like to hold everything in and try to deal with everything themselves.

I also know that a lot of GUYS don't cry (or at least not in front of other people) because they don't want to seem weak or lose their sense of pride. But I think that those who are afraid of expressing their feelings openly are actually the ones that are weak. So what do you guys think?

2. squall0812

squall0812 Member

I'm a guy and i don't cry. I just let out a BIG BIG BIG sigh and hope for the better. I know there are good times and bad times. Crying doesn't solve any problems it just gets you tired and wastes time.

3. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

Yes only when I am exetreme under stress not really cry may drop some crystal from my eyes. When I am unhappy I dont cry i just go and eat as much as I can

4. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

No GUYS DON'T CRIES-tongue2

5. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

well i don't cry when i'm sad, but if it's something really serious then i guess a drop of tear is natural...

6. jill85

jill85 Active Member

if it really hurts,then it's ok to cry.

7. I try to think things through carefully...i try not to be an emotional person, but yeah when i do end up crying, its like floodgates.

8. Vend

Vend Well-Known Member

Everyone cries....coz we were kidz. lol

9. madcat

madcat Active Member

what do you mean by sad...theres lots of form lol...like sorrow...and stuff..guys just drown them out with alcohol or sumthing...we dont cry as often as girls o.o

10. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

I cry, but most of the time I try not to cry and let people see my weakness, but it all becomes too much to bear sometimes so.. i'll ust cry and let it out.

11. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I hardly cry. Crying is not an option for me when I am upset, except when I feel too much pressure, which would be when I have family, work, and relationship problems all at once.

I'd like to believe that I am a no-nonsense type of person. So if something is bothering me, I will try to get it out of the way asap. If things are out of my control, then I usually go out and run for a while, weather permitting. Otherwise, I will go to the gym and put on my boxing gloves.

One thing I don't do when I'm upset though, and that's eating.

12. cysarkos

cysarkos Member

i cry when im watching an emotional movie. in real life...rarely

13. ohiloveit

ohiloveit Member

I cry when I feel too much pressure or stress from things like family, school or relationships. I don't get upset easily, but sometimes when I take too much in at once and feel like exploding, I let it all out. If I find myself sadden by something, I'd usually relax by listening to music.

14. ryoko83

ryoko83 Active Member

i dont cry i just dazed for awhile then after few mins im back alive.

15. poorme

poorme Member

i cry myself to sleep. well, that's after or while thinking and reflecting about the things happening in my life. it may be simple, but you know, i can be weird sometimes.

16. nicolaisi

nicolaisi Active Member

i will cry....but not in public

17. awwaves4ever

awwaves4ever Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. It's hard trying to hold in the sadness sometimes and in some ways, guys are weaker for doing those kinds of things. Like me, I hold it in when I'm feeling sad. I think it's partly the pressure of being a guy. It doesn't seem to be appropriate for guys to cry. During my middle school years, I went through quite a traumatizing experience and I was made fun of for being the cry baby. And one day, I made the regrettable decision of not crying anymore. And from that day on, I never cried in front of people anymore. I remember how cruel the kids could be. How they laughed at me. I just couldn't do it anymore. I have an easier time crying in front of dramas then crying when someone's upsetting me. I found myself making myself believe that he/she isn't worth it. Maybe I'm just afraid of people looking down on me for expressing myself. Sometimes, I wish I can let it out.

18. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i'm not the type of person that will cry easily but i did cry my hearts out when something major happened last year in my life and i still cry whenever i think about it. that is the only thing that i will cry about...:(

19. smoke

smoke Member

Yes, but only whem I'm really sad.

20. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

nah, but i guess the way i was brought up was that men do not cry