Do you attend church?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by smallrinilady, Jun 24, 2007.

?

do you attend a religious institution

1. i do, on a regular basis

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. i do, but infrequently

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. i am religious, but i dont really go

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. nope, not religious

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  5. i do sometimes, although i dont believe (maybe just out of interest)

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. i guess my church likes to include people in the service if they are willing. but i have been praying to God that he takes away my quietness and gives me the ability to speak in front of people (i want to do street witnessing), its easy to type, much harder to speak. so i'm glad for it, im actually looking forward to doing next week. nothing to big though, its just Sunday school review for now; were i go over it all and say what ive learned etc.

2. k100

k100 Active Member

cool have faith and god will give u the ability to speak out in front of people :p
    anyone else go to church apart from sundays for service?
    I go saturdays as well and sometimes tuesday (care group) if i am allowed

3. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

street witnessing scares me
    tell me about your experiances

4. ^ ok i will. ill prolly be a walking wreck for a while then ill get into it.

5. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

I go to a Catholic School, we say prayer most of the time at the start of each subject. I only go to Church when it is a major event, such as Good Friday, or Christmas and whenever I need to pray to God to seek help/healing(reconciliation)

6. ritchie_lew

ritchie_lew Member

well...i'm from a non-christian family background...so it is kind of hard for me to go to church..
    but for time being i do go to church on saturday...sunday morning worship it is kind of hard...

7. KitYing

KitYing Well-Known Member

i'm christian, but i don't go to churchh anymore. after i moved to the u.s. from hong kong, we never really had time to look for one. then we found a chinese church, attended a few times, but then stopped because it was kinda hard for my mom to wake up each sunday and drive so far.

8. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

I haven't gone to church in awhile and I am planning on going back soon. I needed to take a step back because everything became too routine for me. I stopped focusing on god and focused more on putting up a front and focused on looking holy more then being holy. I went to church so that I would not feel guilty of not going to church when before I went to church to refocus on god. It sad to say but part of the reason why I stopped going to church was because most of my friends stopped going and it effected me a lot spiritually. My parents aren't religious or anything, I decided to go on my own. It's like a read the bible everyday, prayed everyday and shared my faith everyday but my heart wasn't really into it. I feel like I will be ready soon though to go back to church but it is still very difficult for me even though my relationship with god shouldn't be effected by my friends it's just very difficult when you do not have that support, like someone to keep you on the right track. When I do go back I want to make sure that I am whole hearted not lukewarm.

9. nice post, your not the only one in that situation, jst carry on reading your bible (a MUST) carry n praying (same again) and do go to church when you can. NOT to look holy (as many do) but to obey God and congregate with other Christians. remember "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.".

when i was young you wasn't catching me in church, i found it boring, i had no interest at all. But as you mature in Christ you start to see the need to go and you have the desire plus its no longer boring because you can finally understand, when i first went my ears were closed to what was said so i gained nothing from it. so church is really good for you, i now know lots of real Christians who are mature in Christ, great friends.

yes you don't want to be lukewarm, remember were God says:

its all or nothing .....

God bless and good luck

oh smallrinilady, i put some bible tracts out on the bus today, so much people took no notice of them BUT a couple stops before i was to get off a guy came on and somehow found a tract, it wasn't even in his sight but he took it up and started to read it. i hope he reads it and takes it seriously but when he got of the bus he did take it away with him instead of leaving it so hopefully that tract will start the process of him finding Jesus. after all we can only plant the seed, but God brings the harvest.

10. vintage

vintage Well-Known Member

I use to be a believer, and went to church every week. But my grades still stinked and I wasn't happy.

Right now, I'm longer a believer. But I getting all B's and A's, and very happy with my life.

My philosophy: "You reap what you sow, hard work=success."

11. aipeng

aipeng Active Member

yeahh i go to church regularly :) its awesome being in His presence :)