Disneyland Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Traveling Abroad' started by sango, Dec 18, 2013.

1. sango

sango Well-Known Member

Who has already been to Disneyland HK and did you like it ?
    I don't know if it's worth it cause it like the smallest one in the world !

[​IMG]

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Some of the 'less than satisfied' comments that I've heard are based on anathema against mainlander social habits, and reportedly, Disney HK is literally overrun with them.

3. megazone23

megazone23 Well-Known Member

When I went there two months ago it was actually ok. Actually a mix of all kinds of people there. Of course, it was not at all crowded and waits in lines for rides ranged from 10-20 minutes. But keep in mind that if you have been to any other Disneylands before, you will probably find this one small and lacking. I haven't gone to any before and was able to spend the day there.

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

if you havent been to disneyland/world, its worth it

if you have, probably not

5. been to the Orlando Florida one when i was a kid it is the biggest one i think ...it was a dream:)

6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

I just went there not too long ago, It is small and is possible to visit all the attractions in a day, you just gotta time it right cos they have the parades and the shows etc.
    Depending on how big a disney fan you are, you will either be disappointed or enjoy the shows that they have in the theatres.
    Queues overall were quite short when I went. My friends and I did have a good time though, cos we are all big kids anyways.
    Ticket wise was more expensive than ocean park and defo bring your own camera ~ the photo souvenir prices are not worth it imo but you could probably buy just 1 for the sake of it lol xD

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

I recently went to Disneyland Hong Kong and thought it was pretty good. It is worth a visit I think if your in HK. It is smaller than the other disneylands and you can visit the whole area within one day but then again why would you want it so big if you only have one day to go and visit. The only possible limiting factor is that perhaps they may not be as many scary/intense rides that you may get elsewhere given its size but I thought that it was sufficient. I guess if you go in with a clear mind and don't compare you will enjoy yourself. I know that I did. The only thing to bare in mind is that the drinks and most food there is pretty expensive as is the norm as they are there to try and make money. Oh and with reference to Mainland China, there are quite a lot of them but there were also other tourists at the same time and their presence did not have any impact on me enjoying the visit. They were similar to others. I went on a weekday and there were still queues but overall I thought they were fine. The more intense rides had a wait between 20- 40mins, with less intense rides being far quicker at around 5-10 mins when I went.

Hope this information helps.

8. jtommy87

jtommy87 Well-Known Member

it's way smaller than the one in the state, but there are things to see and do if you have a day to spent

9. milkyaway

milkyaway Member

i was in hong kong in november kast year and visit the wall of thousand of budha. must see

10. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

disneyland is a rip now

avoid at all cost

11. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

Disneyland HK was the third Disneyland I've been to after Tokyo & Paris. Its the smallest one around so definitely not getting bang for your buck.

Perhaps Disneyland Shanghai would be a better choice once its opened in 2016.

12. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Didn't know they were opening one there, wonder if the mainlander's will piss and poo in that one too haha.

13. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Whenever the one in Shanghai opens, maybe there will be a lot less people in the HK one...

14. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. A leopard can't change its spots. :boblaff:

Anyway, it make good sense to build one in the most populated country in the world where its people burn money like it grows on trees. :chowthumb:

• Like Like x 1
  15. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Haha love that comment...to them it literally does.