Diet Plan

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Aznmask, Nov 8, 2011.

1. chimagun

chimagun Well-Known Member

count your macros. figure out what your daily carb, protein, and fat needs are and follow that. it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you fit your macros. eat less than ur maintenance calories and you'll lose weight. eat more and you'll gain.

OR weigh yourself, then follow whatever diet your currently doing. weigh yourself again a week later. if you lost weight. then keep doing what you were doing. if you maintained the same weight or gained weight, then eat less. weigh yourself a week later, and diet accordingly.

2. kndge9584

kndge9584 Member

i would like a simple diet plan which would suit my daily hectic schedule. I don't have a habit of eating too much nor do i eat too much fatty food. But still i am gaining weight. And i prefer to eat vegetarian

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about doing for a bike ride first thing in the morning, my only issue is buying suitable food, all i can think of is oats for healthy stuff. I think ill have to ask one of ladies at work to accompany me to a supermarket and show me what to buy.

4. kuirei

kuirei Active Member

In my own experience, I found that it was necessary to eat 5-6 hours a day, spaced in intervals of 2-3 hours. Each meal has to have protein because apparently protein is one of those nutrients which cannot be withheld within the body, so you have to give yourself more every few hours. Also, protein has the highest thermic effect (around 36% of the calories you gain from protein is used in consuming it) and it also makes you feel fuller more than carbs.

I think for losing weight, it's important to find out what body composition you are cause different macro ratios (like someone mentioned above) can affect the rate at which you lose weight. I can't remember exactly but I think endomorphs do better on low carbohydrate diets (but keep in mind, you want to make the meals you eat something you can eat for the rest of your life, that way you can shed the fat and keep it off)

Also! If you're doing a calorie restricting diet, you should have a day where you can eat whatever you want, because a few days of calorie restriction makes your body think you are starving which will cause it to go into starvation mode where it reduces the usage of energy by slowing down your heartrate and etc. This will make it extremely difficult to lose weight, so you have to eat plenty on the 'cheat' day to trick your body back into acting normal ( keep in mind that eating more doesn't mean eating badly, it just means eating more calories! )

Anyhow, hope that helped.

5. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

I'm currently 166lb in the morning when i weight it on the scale. I was around 172 when i was in Oct, Then i went to gym like 3-4times a week i'm down to 166lb.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13847389/Aznmask.jpg My currently Pic in Jan 3 2013