Did Wayne say "round" or "waan"??

Discussion in 'Devil's Disciples - 強劒' started by tis me, Mar 20, 2007.

1. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Monday, March 19, 2007 Hong Kong

English Words Appear Once Again in TVB Ancient Drama
    [​IMG]

After the laughs caused by the English words that appeared in "Ten Brothers", viewers have noted another example of English creeping into ancient costume drama in "Devils Disciple". In the scene where Wayne Lai and Bosco Wong have a discussion, Wayne has a line that includes the English word 'round' in it. Netizens have even uploaded the clip in question onto the Youtube website.

"Devil's Disciple" was filmed last year and has not been aired in Hong Kong yet. The show's producer Lau Ka Ho responds saying: "It is very surprising! I never imagined that the overseas distributed VCD's will return to Hong Kong. Netizens uploading clips to the net is illegal and they are infringing our copyright. We heard the line in question and the word 'round' is actually 'waan' (curve) and the two words sound very similar so it is easy to misinterpret it."

credits: tvbspace.

http://www.dramasian.com/showthread.php?t=12375

----

What's your opinion.. Did Wayne say "round" or "waan"??

And what do you think of English words appearing in ancient series?

2. yea i rememebr this i was like wtf chinglish!

3. lynxd

lynxd Well-Known Member

I actually didn't realize it, but that's probably because I'm ABC so it's natural lols
    I wonder what episode is this so I can go back and see it..

4. tvb_boy

tvb_boy Active Member

He did purposely say "round". I think it is funny the way he talks.

5. khosy

khosy New Member

Which episode??

6. Mr_Turdle

Mr_Turdle Member

One of the earlier ones, maybe even the first? But I'm almost positive he said "round".

#6 Mr_Turdle, Mar 25, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  7. I swear he said 'Round' ^^

8. Dohh_boy

Dohh_boy Well-Known Member

Ya it seemed a bit weird to me too...

9. xAttiAx

xAttiAx Member

Some people said that English words appeared in some series but I never noticed them. I don't really mind English words appearing in ancient series.... though it would make the series kind of weird.

10. midnightx3

midnightx3 Active Member

i didn't catch that part, but he most likely said that since there were many english words use in other scenes.

11. bella530

bella530 New Member

haha! i think it's funny hearing them use English words in Chinese Ancient drama, i think the director purposely made it that way so that we can relate to it and just laugh..just like how Johnson said Kevin was "cool" but used it as he was "wrapped"-->coo hehehe

12. twinsfan2393

twinsfan2393 Active Member

i think he said round, it totally sounded like English

13. yayitzmonica

yayitzmonica Well-Known Member

LoL, funny that someone would notice such a small mistake. Anyways, I went back and saw that part again and it sounded like round to me xD LoL, it seems just like Wayne Lai to say chinglish in an ancient drama series

14. stawbewii

stawbewii Well-Known Member

15. stawbewii

stawbewii Well-Known Member

hmm...he was eating sth tho.... o.o

16. elysenne

elysenne Member

It appeared in the first episode. Don't know if it's because he was eating peanuts and looked like he said "round" but it really sounded like he did!

17. smartiesmilk

smartiesmilk Member

when i first heard that part, i was kinda dumbfound thinking "round". i thought i've heard wrong and turned to my bro and say "did he said round??" hehe seems strange that english is known to them back then hehehe

18. Kazzaff

Kazzaff Active Member

It is 'round'. I heard it clearly. Haha what a mistake.

19. yuiop123

yuiop123 New Member

i heard round

20. kv08

kv08 Member

yeah i remember that part that was so funny. i started cracking up! i think he said 'wan' but perposly made it sound like round. it was probably a humour thing. but gotta admit it was funny though