did the building fall over?

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by smallrinilady, Apr 30, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Montreal, Canada. Look for "habitat 67" on google. It's a thing of beauty. I visit and take picture of it every time I visit Montreal.

2. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Gotta say Hiake loves Montreal. -lol

@ elaine: That building is in Old Montreal where there are tons of stuffs to do during summer.

3. hiake

^ It's not exactly in Old Montreal... it already on the way to the island @_@b

Of course I love Montreal, what is NOT to love about it??? It's just sooo cool, wish I can speak better French though :(

I am SO excited about going to Montreal next time already :D

4. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Alors, mademoiselle, il faut commencer a taper en francais.-emb

5. hiake

Please don't do that to me =_=b I was scarred for life the last time I chat in French so >.<

Do you know if the restaurants re-opens in Old Port yet??? Coz their annual winter hiatus =_=b I hope I can go to Jardin Nelson next time I go ^+++^b

6. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Yup, the restaurants are open.:)

Anyways, if u ever feel like practicing ur french, you know who to ask. -smileb

7. hiake

Good to know that :D Thanks ;)

Hmmm, need to plan for my next Montreal visit... but all the food slots are filled... Schwatz, Chez Cora (Don't ask me why, I just love THAT particular one even though I have one kind of near my place...), Moisson, Belle Provi... L'academie...

I think I am overbooked on the food @_@bbb What to do -shock

8. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Stay in mtl for couple days. There's a nice spot to watch sunset on Mont Royal, then off to Cora, then museums or gardens...

They have a nice walt disney exposition in musee des arts until june i think.

9. hiake

Sounds nice... but sunset? Sunrise you mean right??? Cora's close at 3 (or 4...) @_@b

Yup I go up and see sunrise on Mont Royal :) It's funny to see SO many joggers... very early birds...

10. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Yea, sunrise, not sunset. >.<

11. efax22

efax22 Banned

12. stub888

stub888 Member

sorry for being so pessimistic with these buildings, but theyre are sooo inefficient. I think theyre cool and neat. and if all buildings were square and boring, that would make a very boring world. but for the construction of these buildings, it must have required so much waste of material and poor construction productivity and bla bla bla... i am sorry, this is just occupation talk. i just want to let you guys know the other side of the view.
    i like pretty things too

13. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

wow cool buildings :) especially that cube one..... looks like something out of the Flintstones :p

14. pirvee

pirvee Well-Known Member

@hiake
    whow thats quite some architectural building.... was is for some expo 67 somewhere?

15. hiake

Oh it's a building to commemorate(?) Expo 67 in Montreal ^^b The other one is biosphere on the island, which was the exhibition venue of United States (tent?) during the Expo...

[​IMG]

Stupid Toronto is just too ghetto to NOT apply for hosting EXPO >_<b

16. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol go back to the classics... Tower of Piza style :p

17. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

The pink building's name and use - the answer

This building is a famous guesthouse in a town called Matsumotoshi 松本市 in the Nagano 長野県 (Chuubu area). The writing on the roof is さかさ レスト とんちん館 pronounced as "sakasa resuto tonchinkan" means upside down hotel/guesthouse. Tonchinkan とんちん館 and kanji: 頓珍漢 are both pronounced as Tonchinkan but 頓珍漢 means in Japanese = absurdity. This tonchinkan is a play of kanji words to mean two things: absurdity and guesthouse , i.e. a clever double meaning.

Here are some photos: Just inside and past the entrance, sign at the entrance, menu and the car park view at the back. -whistle

The following shows how you get there and the specials on the menu which is fish curry, first item and the second is omelette and rice. Go there and see for yourself.

さかさレスト とんちん館

住所     長野県松本市島内5030
    営業時間   10:00~22:00
    定休日    月曜日
    紹介メニュー さかさカレー 680円
            オムライス  680円
    交通     JR大糸線 島内駅下車 徒歩5分

Attached Files:

#37 surplusletterbox, May 13, 2007
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  18. hiake

Wow, play on words? Me like :p

I didn't really liked the colour of the building @_@b but bet it'd be interesting to visit there...

19. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

aucun sujet

Deux habitez-vous à Montréal ? Il y a d'abondance de chance de parler français et anglais ! Plus le chinoise naturellement! -cool2

20. hiake

Warning: BAD FRENCH ENSUES! THOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! And yeah, no accents due to my stupid computer @_@b

Moi? Je n'habite pas a Montreal :D Mais je ne pense qu'il sois beaucoup de chance de parler chinoise a Monteral...

/bad french LOL I really need to practice my French -sweat But I better refrain from doing so in case it is (so bad that) giving someone a heart attack or something :p