Descendants of The Sun - 태양의 후예 (2016)

Discussion in 'Korean Drama Discussion' started by amano.ai, Apr 10, 2016.

1. amano.ai

amano.ai Well-Known Member

descdenant.jpg

Plot

Shi-Jin (Song Joong-Ki) is the captain of the special forces. He catches a motorcycle thief with Sergeant Major Dae-Young (Jin Goo). The thief is injured during his capture and is sent to the hospital. Dae-Young realises his cellphone was stolen by the thief and goes to the hospital to retrieve his cellphone.

In the emergency room, Shi-Jin meets Dr. Mo-Yeon (Song Hye-Kyo) for the first time. He falls in love with her immediately. Mo-Yeon mistakenly assumes Shi-Jin is part of thief's criminal gang. He proves to her that he is a soldier with the help of army doctor Myeong-Joo (Kim Ji-Won).

Shi-Jin and Mo-Yeon begin to date, but due to their jobs their dates don't go well. Shi-Jin takes an order to lead his soldiers on a peacekeeping mission to the country of Uruk. Meanwhile, Mo-Yeon becomes upset that she fails to become a professor due to a colleague's privileged background. When Shi-Jin and Mo-Yeon meet again, they talk about their views on life and realise how different they are. Shi-Jin, as a soldier, kills to protect lives and Mo-Yeon, as a doctor, tries to save all lives. They say their goodbyes.

Eight months later, Mo-Yeon rebuffs the sexual advances of hospital chairman Suk-Won (Tae In-Ho) and as retribution is assigned to lead a medical team in Uruk. There, Shi-Jin and Mo-Yeon meet again. - Asianwiki

Info
    • Drama: Descendants of the Sun (English & literal title)
    • Revised romanization: Taeyangui Hooye
    • Hangul: 태양의 후예
    • Director: Lee Eung-Bok
    • Writer: Kim Eun-Sook, Kim Won-Suk
    • Network: KBS2
    • Episodes: 16
    • Release Date: February 24 - April 14, 2016
    • Runtime: Weds. & Thurs. 22:00
    • Language: Korean

Main Cast
    • Song Joong Ki as Captain Yoo Shi Jin of the Alpha Team
    • Song Hye Kyo as Professor Kang Mo Yun
    • Jin Goo as Chief Master Sergeant Seo Dae Young
    • Kim Ji Won as Lieutenant Yoon Myung Joo (Orthopedic Surgeon)
    • Kang Shin Il as Lieutenant General Yoon (Myung Joo's father)

Who is watching it ?

I'm in love with the drama. It's been a long time since I've watched one like this.

At first I wasn't sure If I would like it because of the war background.

But I really like Song Hye Kyo and I don't regret starting.

I really advise people to watch it. Sure there are love stories but not only, it's not "too sweet".

#1 amano.ai, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

awww i just finished this series and yupppp loved it..!!!!! <3

3. ginajones

ginajones New Member

One of my forever favorites K-drama that SHK has done, DOTS :luv: :wub::teary: , the best!!!

4. monie

monie Member

i just watched this and ITS SO GOOD OMG - totes sad that they got divorced :(

5. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

I refused to watch it during all the hype years ago haha , however after watching Vincenzo with Song Joong Ki, I decided to finally take the plunge.

It was pretty good, however I didn't feel the magic much maybe because the main leads are no longer together so I couldn't bring myself to fall for their romance on screen. (my fault for delaying). I liked watching the second lead romance developing instead.

The soundtrack was great anyways, already familiar with it despite not watching.
    The plushies are also in my wish list basket :lol:

There's also another 'similar' c-drama that I found much better and sweeter than DotS and would also recommend - "You are my hero".