Death By A Thousand Cuts!

Discussion in 'The Life And Times of A Sentinel - 紫禁驚雷' started by ralphrepo, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

What a great line at the end of Ep 20, eh?

Ling Chiexecution by slow cutting – was practiced in China until it was outlawed in 1905. In the execution, the criminal is slowly cut in the arms, legs, and chest, until finally they are beheaded or stabbed in the heart. Many western accounts of the execution method are largely exaggerated, with some claiming that the execution could take days to perform.

One modern eyewitness report from Journalist and Politician Henry Norman, describes an execution thus:
    Source: http://listverse.com/2007/09/12/top-10-gruesome-methods-of-execution/

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Bulbasaur uses Razor Leaf!

Its Super Effective!

Ling Chi has fainted.

3. kevin

kevin RAWR!

LOL that's deep. I think they would die before they could even finish all of those steps. Too much blood lost!

4. ralphrepo

You should see all the pictures that's found on the internet. Really cruel shit... <_<

5. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

I'll pass... Sounds painful enough already! :no:

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I would believe it would look diabolical from the description provided...

7. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

^its not too bad....

8. ralphrepo

Actually, before they slice the bejesus out of you, they take all your sons and first behead them in front of you. This is to let you know that your familial line is ended, and you die knowing that there will be no descendants to ever honor you in the afterlife. <_<

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

never mess with Ralph

10. ralphrepo

LOL... nobody cares about me or what I say. Instead, never mess with the emperor. Those Qing guys just didn't know how to take a joke... :wtf:

11. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

lol its not just the Qing Guys, ever heard of Mm Ma Fun See...execution by tying your limbs to horse and have the horse pull you apart...ouch

12. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

The Five Horse Pull part was similar to this type of penalty. (this one was invented in Qin Dynasty)

13. ralphrepo

A brief depiction of which actually appeared in Stanley Kubrick's 1971 dystopia classic, Clockwork Orange.

It was a scene taken from a Run Run Shaw epic, that was incorporated into the Kubrick plot

14. tachiboi

tachiboi Active Member

Sounds like excruciating pain, I would rather suicide given the chance.

15. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

yea, with all these cruel deaths, i'd rather kill myself. To run away from the slow pain....screaming and crying seeing all the descendants die. >.<

Nasty! Especially, if u dont end up dying. Imagine mm ma fun si failing. Your like stretched o_O ewww

16. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i didnt actually know whut they meant @ 1st when i saw it i was half expecting one of those
    ubbbbber big knives...and then the drinks the 'wine/beer/water' thingy and pulls out that tiny one...
    was a ickle surprised then shocked when ya see the blood roll out so i sorta thought they just stabbed
    him...then i clicked onto this thread and now more like -shock

17. ralphrepo

You mean like in a cartoon? I don't think so. In such a situation, the physics involve make it rather impossible NOT to be dismembered.

Yeah, it's pretty nasty stuff, considered so cruel that even the Qing Dynasty itself, in its closing years, finally outlawed the practice. If you search the internet, there are a set of very well known images of one particular execution taken, IIRC by a French photographer. Remembering that during those days, photographs were rather complicated affairs requiring a huge tripod, glass plates inside covered plate film holders, and the photographer had to focus underneath a drop cloth on a dim piece of matte glass. Thus, setting the camera for each and every shot took a tremendous amount of time, but the photographer was able to nonetheless capture all the cut strokes along with the beheading finale. This very obviously leads one to the conclusion that the executioner was likely "performing" for the photographer; ie. pausing and waiting patiently as the lensman readied himself and the camera for the next shot.