Dead Wrong - 致命復活 (2016)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Nov 12, 2016.

1. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

My finals prediction

-Kenny -> dies
    -Vincent -> dies
    -Tracy - ok
    -Max - falls into depression, PTSD gets worse, possible suicide
    -Cathy - ok, with son
    -Queenie - nothing, she wasn't thoroughly involved in the drama to begin with

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Shit, all this hype, i want to see the ending already!!!! Not because i wanted this to end, i just wanted to know the ending!!!

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Good ending and good drama. I DON'T want any alternate ending. Perfect the way it is. It's been a long time that i actually watch a TVB drama beginning to end without skipping, sleeping, and lost focus.

#43 turbobenx, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. xaznxryux

I liked the ending too, saw one or two flaws but the very ending overshadows those by a lot. I kinda knew Joey was definitely involved when she was in the car talking to the "mysterious figure", and by his voice I already knew who he was. It's interesting to note how much pain she caused for everyone that cared about her the most in Kenny and Roger, and how much she was hiding from everyone including Kenny.

The one flaw I felt was, when Joey left Roger, and Roger broke down again and went to his cave, why in the world would Max bring his son? I mean sure he ended up being the one who pulled his dad out of his mental state, but would you really bring someone's son to see their dad break down?

Overall, I LOVED this drama, I felt the pace was great, story telling was also great.

Fun fact, did you know that Roger's older brother's son, appeared like only 2-3 times the entire show :D...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimmyyy09

Jimmyyy09 Active Member

This was a good drama and the ending was prefect for me.

6. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

i cant believe joey was involved...

7. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Finished watching this. I do have to say Yan/Kenny did well as the "Scorned lover" too well that it was starting to get annoying that he was able to get away with a lot of stuff.
    Surprised Joey didn't get nominated for her role in this, was really superb job she did. Roger again did great job playing the Vincent the victim. You just felt real sorry for him. Zoie did great too and she was very "hot" in her role too :)
    I think Max brought Vincent's son because sometimes a love one can snap someone out of a "mental state" which it shows he did for Roger/Vincent, which was smart of Max to do.
    Finished watching this. I do have to say Yan/Kenny did well as the "Scorned lover" too well that it was starting to get annoying that he was able to get away with a lot of stuff.
    Surprised Joey/Cathy didn't get nominated for her role in this, was really superb job she did. Roger again did great job playing the Vincent the victim. You just felt real sorry for him. Zoie did great too and she was very "hot" in her role too :) I think the flaw IMO is where Max accidentally knocks down Vincent with the truck and the kidnappers capture him again. I guess you could say because they were of the excitement and capturing Vincent again they failed to check the truck to see who was in it :p Over all Yan is the major baddie, and the whole kidnapping thing was really a misunderstanding of the person who didn't really initiate it. Also this show really shows how sometimes you have to "let go" of things to be able to move on...Roger/Vincent actually was able to do it for the time being...which was great of him, while obviously not for Kenny/Yan.

• Like Like x 2
  8. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^ agree.... this role was made for Roger.

9. xaznxryux

you know what's funny, after rewatching the ending, I figured out, maybe that's one of the reasons why Joey refused initially to return to Roger no matter how much she loved him. because she felt so much guilt feeling as if she orchestrated his kidnapping. Although she didn't, I'm sure technically speaking, she can be sued by Rebecca for 2nd degree murder or 3rd degree murder. She didn't mean for Toby to get raped and murdered but because what she said caused the kidnapping of 3, death in one. She was in a way indirectly involved. But yea I agree, TVB created three dramas in 2016 that I really enjoyed. This one is my top, 2nd came Fist within four walls (or whatever it's called), and 3rd came Spirit Houses.

I think Kenny also did a great job as well, the supporting roles all did a great job

10. crasianlee

Definitely Kenny has that "look" too of being a good villain. Agree as well with Joey, although obviously I'm sure she had love for Kenny/Yan too in some ways, also that's what kind of cheesed me was all the "deaths" that they were able to get away with in this series :p But I would say this would be my 2nd favorite tied with HOS of 2016 with Fist being #1 only because Fist was a well rounded series.

11. socialworker

socialworker Member

I liked the drama for the most part but:
    1 ) they had too many repeated flashbacks of the low budget cave scenes,
    2 ) there were almost too many convoluted loops and twists. It made me feel like.."oh not yet another one, how many are the writers trying to squeeze into this?" It's like they are trying really hard to make it as twisty as possible.
    3) too many people getting away with stuff with no consequences
    4) Max's feeling of guilt --- anyone could have been frozen in fear. And him crashing them with his car is no guarantee Vincent would be saved.
    5) rapist kidnapper -- why rape when you were supposed to really like Joey and you were doing this for her?
    6) Vincent did consent to sexual intercourse with Ivy. He was a intoxicated but he knew what he was doing. He is just as guilty. He is not "the good\innocent husband\guy" they try to make him out to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Win! Win! x 1
  12. crasianlee

Agree, that was my biggest pet peeve of the entire show, especially Yan/Kenny getting away with everything he did to Vincent/Roger. In Vietnam I could kind of understand but when he was doing things in HK...I forgot to add that part...