搐筋 - cramp, spasms...

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by szetor, Jan 28, 2007.

1. szetor

szetor Well-Known Member

so last night i was sleeping.
    and like i guess its like 6 or 7 olclock at night

all the sudden i have this extreme pain in my calf.
    it hurt so much so i have to roll onto the floor.
    but after couple seconds the pain stopped

then i went back to sleep.

Has this happend to anyone before??
    like im pretty sure this can happen if some one is exercising for example when swimming or running... but damn i was just like sleeping..

2. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

are you..pregnant?

3. szetor

szetor Well-Known Member

no it is impossible for me to be pregnant.

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

u mean leg cramps? u think thats bad....i had that when i was swimming! i almost drowned...everytime i swim i get cramps on my leg...in chinese its like "chou gun"...and 2 years ago when i was playing hockey i had a cramp on one leg then suddenly the other and i just fell on the ice...and last summer when i was walking at CNE with friends i had a leg cramp and immediated grabbed a friend and it hurted a lot took me a while to have it go away..and for liek 30 i was walking like i was crippled...at least no one saw u when u had cramps lol..i had it in public!

5. Providence

Providence Well-Known Member

This actually used to happen to me fairly often. I've never associated it with some sickness though.

Don't worry about it though. It's probably because you were sleeping in a bad position.

It hasn't happened to me in years.

6. onelove

onelove Well-Known Member

dude...that happened to me once`` thought i was gonna die =.=

love`
    mon

7. secluded

secluded Well-Known Member

I have had that happen to me lots of times. They're called nocturnal leg cramps. Supposedly, there isn't a specific trigger to it, but it is nothing to worry about.

8. 1mAzn

1mAzn Active Member

o crap.. leg cramps... im pretty sure itz from swimming

9. HokaHoka

HokaHoka Well-Known Member

It happens to me too.. but not to be QORRIED .. the FIRST THING U CAN DO is that .. When ur leg Cramps, Just STAND STRAIGHT and make sure that ur leg is STRAIGHT TO THE FLOOR ... like a STANDING STILL... do this and hoepfully the pain will stop and it won't cramps again

10. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Spasms while sleeping? I got those sometimes, specially if I am particularly tired.
    I was told that it's just a natural mechanism gone awry:
    When you sleep, the brain checks if anything is wrong physiologically (aka, are you falling into a coma or some such) by contracting the muscles autonomically (without you knowing, since you are sleeping right?) But if you are too tired, the brain would not get the desired response from you and it will send a "bigger" signal until you do have a twitch. Which results in HUGE spasms if you are too tired, the body failing to respond to the smaller signals/stimulants beforehand.
    So there's nothing to worry about, specially if it is localized (in your lower limb). ^0^

11. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Well... that only happen to me abt three time. I use to get it after a long hrs of exercise such as swimming & running.

12. nicole

nicole Well-Known Member

No but I hate it when my legs falls asleep.

13. puahahaha... that's the first thing poped up in my mind... yup... sounds like pregancy

14. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I deal with stomach cramp by standing super-straight. It may sound counter-intuitive, but after the first 10 min of so of sheer hell, the pain actually gets better (for me)

15. kst

kst Well-Known Member

Maybe you're late to eat, so you get stomach cramp.
    Or your stomach empty before workout