Considered fat by HK standards

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by smallrinilady, Jun 12, 2007.

1. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

LOL nice. 5'10 and 180 lb is pretty much just right.

Could HK standards be different because people there are just shorter and have smaller frames?

2. MrCooperS

Thanks for reiterating what I said. Your awesome.

3. JspecEfini

JspecEfini Well-Known Member

i dont know about HK but the shirt sizes I buy in both the US and Japan are the same sizes. even though the japanese are on average much thinner than americans.

4. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

Yea, I work out regularly and I think I have a pair of nice guns. Some Hk teens were pointing out at my guns and made disgusted faces. I guess they are not used to people who actually keep fit and do weight lift.
    I was frustrated bc people usually compliment my guns rather than making disgusted faces at it.

5. lawl... i'm a huge fat ass in HK... fark i'm 5"8 have a 34 inch waist ... guys there are like 28" or 26" waists? WTF is with that.. i'm an XL when it comes to trousers/shorts/pants

6. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I really did not reiterate what you said...
    But thanks ^^

7. g9news

g9news Well-Known Member

In some culture, the fatter the person is, the better. because it shows that they can afford food. I guess that we, especially female, looks up to celebrities/modals and think they should look skinny just like their idols.

8. MrCooperS

It's funny you should mention that. I remember reading this article on CNN about this small civilization that is not connected in anyway to any type of "mainstream media" that we are. In their culture, woman who were fat were considered beautiful. However, it was not until they were exposed to "western" culture did they start to have that shift over to being as skinny as possible.

9. chow0310

chow0310 Member

don't worry smallrinilady HK girls are generally overly skinny. i think a person can be a little over weight, or even over weight and still look good as long as they are confident :)

10. DK - Drama King

DK - Drama King Active Member

Don't get confused with "fat" and "meat". She, who has meat doesn't look anywhere near her counterpart, "fatty"! "Big" is okay no matter how you look at it. But, don't use that as an excuse to cover up the unhealthy "fat". Skinny, "stick" is not necessary "health". But, in time, when she gets old, "mature", she will appreciate the meaning of skinny. "Fat" is simply unhealthy. Just keep it under the "obesity" level for her own sake, not for the boyfriends, not for anyone, but herself.

11. KingPin

KingPin Well-Known Member

Skinny issue doesn't affect me in HK. I'm a monster compared to the men over their, my arms are bigger than their legs; plus having tattoos and a mean streak also helps. -batman

12. sweety_girl

sweety_girl Well-Known Member

I've never been in HK, so I don't know how HK girls & boys look like in real person. What are the HK standards actually?
    Girls: 150 cm and 40 kg? and Boys: 170 cm and 55 kg? I'm pretty interested in this topic, because my parents are from HK but I'm born and raised in the Netherlands. So can anyone tell me more about the HK standards? Thanks in advance >_<

13. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ do ya watch tvb or any hk flicks..??...pretty muchy like the hk celebs....ubbbber skinny...guys and gurlies..

14. KingPin

KingPin Well-Known Member

TVB and Hk movies give distorted images on boys & girls. Yes they are skinny however the guys are effeminate in HK, and the girls have poor taste in clothing. Worst of all they is uuugly!!! 99% of the everyday people you see would never make it onto TV. Why do you think TVB recruits female talent from beauty contests; because the local resource pool is all dried up.

If you don't believe me goto HK and check it out. I once went to a restaurant and this girl was eating chicken, and she didn't notice a chicken wing stuck to her chin. At least it drew your attention away from her face.

Anyway you shouldn't compare yourself to HK standards of fatness. You should compare to the international population standard.

15. sweety_girl

@ brown_bear, yes I watch tvb series and hk movies but I thought people from tv are different from hk people in real life. I didn't know that so many Hk people has the "celeb/model disease"

16. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

To be completely honest, when I first looked at your username, I thought it said "sweaty_girl".

17. sweety_girl

lol, it's the first time that someone said it. it was my very first username. I already use an other username on other forums

18. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I like sweaty girls... but that's a topic for another time...

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^hahah do tell...fat girls sweat more! or do you like them that has armpit stains :facepalm:

20. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

go on...