Considered fat by HK standards

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by smallrinilady, Jun 12, 2007.

1. bbes

bbes Incredible

well its hard to say. but usually caucausions tend to have a larger build but then again 95lbs for 5ft 3 should be pretty normal. i dunno.

2. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

hk weight standard suck,, first that is too skinny accept in western world. What consider fat is that you got a big stomach, or girl with fat((obvious) u will see it

i'm 5' 7,,, and i'm weight 165lb,lol last yr i was in china, and some ppl call me fat boy.. don't they mind use other word like "muslce guy" rather fat.(this term use refer to anyone that big, fat, muscle)

3. bearduck314

bearduck314 Well-Known Member

I really not sure .what size is consider fat .

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i do believe that fatness is debatable, is it measured in terms of weight but then again everybody is different and have different builds but i think they tend to go about measuring it using the body mass index. not too sure. but i have to say being 5ft 7 and weighing 165lb is slightly overweight i think. besides who calls u fat? ppl on the street don't usually say anything as far as im aware.

5. xxsweetheartxx

xxsweetheartxx Well-Known Member

in HK, you look good as long as you are a stick, that's very unhealthy; I've never been to Canada so I don't know how Canadians are; Americans eat a lot of fried food and that's why they tend to be heavier; I live in San Francisco, CA most of my friends are average like me, I am 5'4 and 105lbs.. not too skinny like a stick, not too much meat!

6. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

i agree 5ft 7 and 165lb consider fat,, no question about it.. but you have to consider that my chest is like 39-40inch.

I'm born with big bone, and my shoulder, chest is pretty big, (most often ppl thought i go to gym alot).

o well i still wearing 30inch waist jeans, and still have some space. and cloth is small or medium (depend on the brand).

7. sailorpretty

sailorpretty Member

actually..some people like me have really fast metabalism so no matter how much i eat..i still cant get any fatter even if i want to @@"

8. BabieHead

BabieHead Guest

China and HK (I guess it's still China) standards are sicken.

9. That is crazy..... really? people say i don't eat enough, i need my metabolism to slow the hell down

10. sharebear

sharebear Member

dude..everywhere u go in hk..there's those stupid ads for slimming down..but they r all sticks..

sticks= flat chested scrawny asian girls...

girls need to embrace their size..we're beautiful ..every shape n size..

11. cloudless

cloudless Member

I felt the same when I went back to HK... I don't consider myself fat unless... I can only fit into a L size and up... but when I go back to HK... my size would prob be XL or something... That's why I don't go to HK to shop for clothes... I go there to shop for electronics and things that i can't get in the US... and EAT LIKE AN AMERICAN... while doing this I am stared at by many HK girls... and I can hear them talking about how pig like I am eating... LOL

12. wack0z

wack0z Active Member

o man. totally know what you mean.... i'm skinny by us standards... i see a shirt there and think "who the heck can fit into that"

13. milky_bb

milky_bb Well-Known Member

Thin or fat does not matter, as long as we do not go excessive one way or another. In terms of beautiful, different ppl will have different opinions, so if we target ourselves solely on aesthetics, we will continue to chase a moving target! More importantly, we should look to target for a healthy life style, which means staying happy, eat nutriously, and exercise as much as we could.

14. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

^lol, bumped 2 month thread up. But since i dont think i replied to this, might as well.

I was watching "兄弟幫" recently, and they actually talk about how different countries have different opinions of 'fat'. Like in Hong Kong, they THINK they're fat, but they're almost skinny as a stick. That's why in the first few post mentioned, an average weight American, may be fat to Hong Kong- ers.

Like in Canada, I usually aim for the Medium sized shirts. But when i went to Hong Kong, i had to go Large or Extra-large sometimes.

Some countries take 'fatness' as a priority(?). Like in Hong Kong, first few things you'll say are like *in Chinese*. "Hey, you got skinnier??" or like "Hey, did you get fatter?". But in places like Canada, they dont care, unless they're like Chinese immigrants which they had this habit back in Hong Kong. But borned Canadians, they wouldn't ask these sort of things i think.

15. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

I'm 6"0 245 lbs. I'm considered fat in America, so I guess I'm considered a fucking monster in Hong Kong. :smiling: Puny Hong Kong people :trollface:

16. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    Well if you're fat in America... You're pretty fat... That is all

17. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

i work out, im 5'10" and 180 lbs..

i went back to HK during the winter break and played some pick up ball

one kid went "whos guarding the fat boy"

that pissed me off like no tomorrow and i just straight up bulldoze my way through and won =)

puny HK people so funny =), hate their standards

18. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Shoulda went like 'I'm not fat, i'm buff' in Chinese.

Wow, play ball in HK? You're gonna drown in your own sweat if its outdoors

19. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

Chinen, which BBC episode that discussed about HK weight standard??

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

^ Probably the early episodes. LOOL. Not sure la. I haven't watched BBC in a while :( *sniff