Considered fat by HK standards

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by smallrinilady, Jun 12, 2007.

1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

gah that annoys me

I've lived in both Canada and USA all my life

when in Canada I'm considered average (not skinny, but not fat)
    while in USA, i'm considered a stick (why is the average American SOOOOO much bigger than any canadian, we have basically the same foods)
    but according to HK standards I'm considered FAT (many of my close HK friends, including two bfs have told me so)

girls the same height as me can be 10, 20, 30, or even 40 pds less than me
    (but i'm still considered skinny by american standards?)

how do you guys feel about those issues?
    for the people who are born and raised in HK
    do you think the ABC/CBC/BBC's are fat?

one of my friends, to be nice would say "She's got more meat"
    . . . i'm not sure how to react to a comment like that
    at least i know i'm not those dainty frail girls, and can lift twice as much as them

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Hmmm, I don't know?

The whole "Hong Kong standards" is not that hot to me. I mean, I used to think "woo hoo, I wish I can lose like another 20 pounds and be stick thin like them". -inlove

But then, I visited Hong Kong. The girls there, they are thin alright, but most of them are flabby. I cannot possibly imagine myself fitting into a size small (which I did) when I weight around 20 pounds more than a usual size small...

So nothing to envy about -rolleye

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

this is normal standard ;) 36-24-36

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

a female friend of mine have the same problem. she looks alright here in US; but when she goes home to HK, she said people look at her with a disgusted eyes!

5. Denomic

Denomic Well-Known Member

I went to HK last November.. I'm about average size wise for the most part.. People tend to guess I'm about 175-180 (which I wish I was) but I'm about 200.. well, I felt like a sumo wrestler in HK..

then again.. I thought a lot of the girls there were f'n fine...

6. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! I totally know what u mean...but i am fat...lol..
    like UNhealthy fat...lol..to much junkie...and well...i have
    a brod shoulder...and it kinda doesnt blend in with the
    rest of my body...so it looks like im fat...ans last year when
    i went back to HK...relitives and frds oif parents were
    saying awe...u have a chubby daughter...i was like -.-
    and when i go out in the streets its either REALLY
    fat gurls...or REALLY skinny gurls...its rare to see
    just the rite sized gurls...

7. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

FUcking fine huh? Can't wait to go there this summer.

8. PhY pHy

im guessing guyz like stick gurls? lol

9. Denomic

I think it's just a me thing.. I like my girls shorter than me and thin.. I felt like I was in Paradise lol a couple of the other guys I went with thought some were too skinny (I agreed on most but not all)

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i don't like girls that are skeletons lol, i like some meat on my girls

11. Denomic

Oh they had meat.. just not as much as the ones up here in Canada lol Most definitely had more meat than the girl in pink in your signature.. At least that is from what I remember lol

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol seriously cyndi wang needs more meat but i like that picture lol

13. PhY pHy

^^cyndi wang is not as skinny anymore...

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

clapclap-bigclap-bigclap sorry overexcited-sweat lols, you got a recent picture of cyndi with her toungue like that lol

15. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

LOL, I wear a European Small and sometimes even an XS, but a few years ago I was in Beijing and my friend and I went shopping for some clothes and I couldn't fit in the Chinese S blouse.

I thought: OK, no probs, I'll try a Medium instead. Nope, didn't fit in that as well. OK I'll try a Large....nope....an XL....nope, WTF, an XXL? Nope, the salesgirl came with an XXXL blouse and it still didn't fit me! -shock -lol

Same thing happened to my friend who was trying a pair if trousers on and she's the same size as I am.

Have to add it only happened in one store, so I comfort myself with the idea it's probably that particular store that didn't sell the right sized clothes and just stick random sized lable on the blouses. But hell, I was embarrassed! -blush ( And some other co-travellers where erm, chubby and tall so they didn't even had a chance to find something in their size)

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^were they selling baby clothes or something lol

17. PhY pHy

nope...dunt have a pick like that...lol...but back on topic...
    gurls think that skinny is beautiful...i dunno...i asked
    some of my HK why they are so skinny and thats what
    they told me...

18. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^ perhaps they were selling baby clothes but didn't tell us as they only want to sell, especially to "rich" tourists who don't understand a thing in Mando. I know that shop assistents in China and HK will even claim that a potatobag will look good on you if that means they will sell more stuff. <_<

19. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

How about show me some pictures and I'll answer as honestly as possible if you are fat, average, or thin.

20. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Lol, if i sold clothes in china, i will be lying to the customers too lol -evil being honest gets you nowhere money-wise-_-2