Connected - 保持通話 [2008]

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Dec 6, 2008.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

[​IMG]

Genre............: Thriller - Action
    Movie Release....: 2008
    Country..........: Hong Kong
    Director..........: Benny Chan
    Runtime: 01:50:39

Cast:
    Louis Koo
    Nick Cheung
    Barbie Xu
    Liu Ye
    David Rock
    Beibi Gong
    Robbin Harris

Synopsis / Plot / Review:
    Bob’s life isn’t going well at all. A single father in a dead-end job as a debt collector, he’s trapped in a job that goes against his usual easy-going helpful nature and he’s under tremendous pressure to be a better dad, a better brother, a better worker, even a better person. While dealing with all this and his sister’s threat to move to Australia with his son to force him to clean up his act, Bob receives a call out of the blue. It’s a stranger called Grace who claims a mysterious kidnapper is keeping her against her will and begs him to save her and her young daughter. Is it just a prank? The detective he tried reporting the call to seem to think so but Bob’s instincts tell him that he may just be the only thing standing between them and a painful death. But does he have the mettle to rise above his own self-centered concerns and risk everything – including his own son – for two people he has never met and who may not even exist? -moviexclusive.com...:

IMDb Link... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156506/
    lovehkfilm Link... http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/connected.html

Trailer:
    [youtube]7en3iKbC3lk[/youtube]

#1 SUSIE-DANG-1988, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. SUSIE-DANG-1988

GREAT MOVIE! RECOMMENDED!!! :D:D:)

Fianlly a decent movie!! Just finished watching this. Great cast, great story! Haven not seen the english version "Cellular" ~ so can't really compare.
    But there was funny at some parts - wong cho lam = ROFL! hahahahas. Why didn't he just give ah bong the damn phone charger?!?! lmao. soo funni.

Great action! - loved the car chase scene!

..and wow! flora chan?! Long time no see her! hahahahas.

3. man312

man312 Member

my fd loves this film as Cho Nam is in it also

4. rebber

rebber Member

flora chan's in it!? i guess i'll have to go DL it to see

5. misterchau

misterchau Member

can anyone tel me antihing about the movie?>

6. SUSIE-DANG-1988

yeh.. but she's like a guest star... only in there for like 20mins or so throughout the film.

read the Synopsis basically...a good film!

7. niniko

niniko Well-Known Member

It's a pretty good movie, though I had low expectations for this movie, it turned out to be a good one.

8. ivanjames87

ivanjames87 New Member

great plot and nice movie, like it....

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

If SD says its good, I sure want to give it ago

10. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

think this is a good film, sum bits were funny aswell recommend 2 watch!!!!

11. beckham

beckham Well-Known Member

great movie... but i felt the eng version "Cellular" is more suspense than this. or maybe i already knew the storyline of this movie b4 i watched it

12. kudos1120

kudos1120 Member

passed it at first glimpse, but i guess ill give it a try since some of you recommend it, hope its good.

13. ajree

ajree Active Member

I hope its good film.

14. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I just watched this last night and couldn't believe I didn't watch it earlier! It's Fantastic!

If Ip Man for Movie of the year, this would definitely be a damn close second.

15. khady

khady Member

I saw this movie a couple months ago and loved it! It was both funny and suspenseful. I haven't seen Louis Koo in a movie in a while. I'm glad he is still as funny as ever. I watched the original after and realized this version is definitely better. I guess Louis Koo gave it an edge.

16. Panzer88

Panzer88 Member

I hadn't seen Cellular before watching this and had low expectations since it wasn't like a big blockbuster or anything. It had been sitting in my pile of movies to watch for like 3 weeks before I forced myself to watch it.
    I was really surprised at how well it was done. It wasn't like one of those quickie jobs that so many recent movies felt like. - The kind that add in rambling plotlines or action sequences just because they can or because it makes the film longer.

The story was good, the acting was great. Louis was really good in this. I wish he would do more serious roles like this and Throwdown instead of the lighter stuff he usually does. I can't imagine the hollywood version being better than this one.
    It's defintely worth checking out even if you aren't a big fan of Louis. I think he can be annoying at times in some of his lighter movies, but this one really made me like him.

17. vanvoong

vanvoong Member

this is a good movie i have watch it two times

18. aznlazyboy

aznlazyboy Member

I loved this movie. The actors are veterans and most of them having good acting. Especially Loius Koo and Nick Cheung. The storyline was also awsome.

19. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

this movie is really great, but i just hate it when they talked mando cuz i didnt understand anything ... =(

20. pkjai

pkjai Member

really good movie but i think they misused nick or maybe im just not used to seeing him in a kinda serious movie