Computer Specs & Pics Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by eason41, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

and all this new pc talk with the start of the new year...from a vid card...to a whole bloody system...

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

here a config i did at dell with quad core..
    [​IMG]

3. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

^ Build your own system. You'll thank yourself later on. My setup was <$1000.

4. hahhaha uh ohh... clicking sounds are extremely bad.. -lol

5. kontradictions

What's clicking? Your hard drive?

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

the clicking noise happened to me with the harddrive be4 but i'm sure it's not the HD this time, something else lol....but it stopped for now, bound to happen again.

7. hahah on whatever.. clicking is still bad... I think you should back up as much as you can now... I know I've had a hdd screw over on me one too many times..

8. kontradictions

The clicking sound coming from the hard drive is an early warning sign that your drive is about to fail. It's best that you back up your data and buy a replacement hard drive.

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^nah i said it's not on the HD lol, it was before it boot up, well when it didn't even boot lol... but yea i gotta back up everything now. or maybe it's because i have like less than 5% HD space left, perhaps lol.

10. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I really need a new comp. It feels like my current computer has lost 50% of its power over the years lol. No way I'm taking this thing to Uni with me lol.

11. haha that shits probably the sound of a loose screw.. and it didn't boot up probably because your Hdd struggling with 5% health..

yea get a new one dude.. what do you have in mind atm?

12. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

never heard that a person can i have 1gb of RAM for a quad core :/

13. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

go buy at least 2 gb... and what OS u using? vista? if so you better upgrade it lol... xp don't require so much rams:D

14. hmm... i just finished downloading ubuntu.... wonder if i should install it in my other old fart computer...

480mb ram, 40gb hd, celeron 1.8ghz processor.. im tell you. its soooo old.

15. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Lots. I'm considering the Dell XPS, macbook, as well as HP and Toshiba laptops. I'm even thinking about getting the Sony VAIO TZ150N, but I doubt I will.

Heard pretty good feedback from that OS. I might dual boot on my new comp :p

16. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

can i ask you guys a question....this may seem like a dumb question but i dunno ar ma...>.<

well i was looky at the apple lappys....and noticed they dun use word and excel and stuff coz its like something else....

so if i did work on the apple lappy can you open it on word or excel..?? and like work between the machines..?? -huh

17. Knoctur_nal

office for macs:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/comingsoon.htm

18. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

ooo cool beans...so you can download it...or do ya have to buy that pack thing...

*considers getting apple*...^.^

19. Knoctur_nal

can buy or either rip from torrents.

20. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous