Chinese claims to South China Sea is stealing

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by crazy_man206, Jun 12, 2012.

1. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

this thread is intended like this.

if you view Chinese claims in the South China Sea is stealing or invalid, present your point. it can be either a counter to Chinese claims or a point for another country that doesnt have anything to do with Chinese.

what are the points and basis for saying Chinese are stealing. how? why? show me the points? :whistling:

#1 crazy_man206, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Perhaps more information would be beneficial to the contribution of this thread lol.

3. crazy_man206

to be honest, if someone believes the title but has zero knowledge they are not qualified to say anything in the first place.

BUT, if this needs structure i will say it is between historical and modern. there is no doubt Chinese have the earliest claims, that is just fact. nobody has claims that predate Chinese ones. we can try to apply modern concepts, like discovery isnt enough, you need administration (and there are examples of that in China and Vietnam), but it doesnt make sense. the idea that you have to regularly administer it (how many times a year) and apply it to historical time for it to be valid doesnt make sense. mainly because nobody told them that is the requirement.

modern era i would say is more late 1800-present time. where nations who historically were not involved with the South China Sea (Japan, Europeans) become involved.

i feel it is not fair for me to try and control the conversion by going first. so im asking to those who believe the title, why is the claim stealing?

ok, ill go easier. you dont even need to explain why Chinese claims are wrong. give the points for why which ever country (whoever you want) has the right?

4. You'll need to forgive me.. The reason for my asking is because the title itself doesn't have any context.. Even as you explained it in your previous post, the statement "Chinese claims to South China Sea is stealing" (don't be offended) doesn't make any sense due to the sentence structure and lack of contextual information.

I don't mean to offend, but what is the context of all the information you've given?

Claim to what?
    Stealing what?
    Historical and modern what?
    Right to what?

Please be clearer, as it seems only you understand what you are trying to say. If you wish to make a persuasive argument, make sure your statements satisfy the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How ;)

5. crazy_man206

sorry. i did not make this thread easy to understand for people who are not familiar with the situation.

its very simple actually. this thread is intended like this.

if you view Chinese claims in the South China Sea is stealing or invalid, present your point. it can be either a counter to Chinese claims or a point for another country that doesnt have anything to do with Chinese.

if you have nothing, there's nothing to discuss.

the context is sovereignty. various countries (China, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc) all have various, overlapping claims (ownership of islands/rocks themselves, right to resources, sea lanes, etc) in the South China Sea. disputes, ranging from battles to the current China Phillipine standoff at Scarborough Shoal is all a result of the South China Sea issue. so i have read comments here that Chinese claims in the South China Sea is tantamount to stealing (from these other countries) so this thread is as stated.

how? why? what are the points and basis for saying Chinese are stealing. present counters to Chinese claims (or questions) or arguments for another country's claims.

#5 crazy_man206, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  6. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

Too difficult question for an entertainment forum to answer, best to be a dreamer:- Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people living life in peace You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will be as one Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man Imagine all the people sharing all the world You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will live as one

7. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

China is claiming islands like Apple is claiming patents. Funny how the big boys is always the one starting fights. Can't we just share and play nice for once?