Chinese Buffet Food Gone In 2 Seconds

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Aaron, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

2. god damn.. whats that abalone..?

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

All go to the buffet, to eat the most expensive stuff. As expected!

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

That's why I try to avoid buffet with heavy mainland chinese people

5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah amazing

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I actually haven't been to a buffet in a while, where i have to actually get up and get the food myself. I always go to Japanese buffet where they serve you :D

7. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

lol the two men on the right held on the same food and ended up fighting for it

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i seen that before..with crab legs at a buffet but not that fast

9. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Thats actually so true, Once AYCE sushi came out, most of the self serve buffets arn't as popular LOL

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Shit seems so freaking hilarious until one thinks seriously about it. Then it takes on a much sadder tone... Thousands of years of Chinese culture, and this is what we're left with... :facepalm: OMG...

11. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i guess there's a little greed in all of us. -shrug

12. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Everyone for themselves

13. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

When i go buffet i only eat meat so i can try to get my moneys worth but i have never seen anything like that before. maybe they need to get a hold on the amount of people in the restaurant at the same time.

I just started watching man vs food and i really think ill be going to America on holiday within a year.

14. kevin

kevin RAWR!

lol that's a laugh. Man grabbing two and the other guys at the end dragging it like tug of war. :facepalm:

15. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Rice aint getting any love.

16. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

^ We gave them love like 90% of our life meals.

17. amazing..... true colors being shown in buffets.....

18. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

IMHO, when taken to an extreme, this is exactly the type of self serving, "me first über alles" attitude that prevailed in the other thread detailing the callousness shown by passerby to the poor little Chinese toddler run over by a truck.

Seriously though, if I were the owner of the above eatery, I would have a server responsible for limiting the number of whatever it was that so sought after. That way, there would be less chance of arguments, and it would be more fairly distributed. However, it's rather obvious (to me, at least) that said item is likely expensive and the owner was probably reluctant to provide too much of it. So in effect, he doesn't want to provide it, but then will blame "greedy customers" for taking the lion's share, thereby denying other diners an opportunity.

Either way, it remains a sour commentary of both the customer and owner's motivations.

19. reno

reno Well-Known Member

yep... they use their hands too... so if u got it afterwards, not sure wanna eat it =P

20. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

More related to ralph's post than the video... but, fuck this mentality that so many Chinese people seem to have.

When I was in Macau I watched this mainland chinese guy slowly sneaking his way up the line through immigration by massaging the backs of people, talking them up and then slipping in front of them. In a line which took an hour to get through, he maybe saved himself 10 minutes by using all this effort to get a little closer to the front.

I hate the fact that the Chinese have developed this social system through "guanxi" where only the people within your own little social network have any meaning and then you just say, 'fuck the rest' and use and climb over as many people as you can in order to try to reach the top regardless of your effect on society in general.

In this case, you might be the one to grab all the chicken or w/e and then you have it all, at the expense of everyone else there, who end up with nothing. For that one moment everything is great and you're on top. But the next day the same shit might happen to you and you'll have nothing on your plate. It's really primal and seeing this kind of stuff in China really discourages the hell out of me. I like being Chinese, but I don't identify with these traits at all.

I know China is going to end up as the largest and most influential world power in the next 30 years, but I hope something changes to teach some sense of decency, honor and the importance of sharing resources to the general populace before that happens... or the rest of the world is fucked.

You're totally right that these small incidents are a vivid social commentary on Chinese society. We rarely hear stories of compassion from China and it saddens me deeply... Perhaps it can be justified that in a country with over a billion people there is no room for compassion, but I really, really hope that isn't the case.