Chinese Boy Sells One of His Kidneys For iPad 2

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by mr_evolution, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

[​IMG]
    (Picture source: The Oatmeal)

Read on...

:facepalm:

2. louis87

louis87 Well-Known Member

Is he out of his mind ??? .....
    his life.. is destroyed... pity..

3. Rukia90

Rukia90 Well-Known Member

shocking.....:no:

4. Just for an iPad there goes his Kidney.... Well what if the one fails :facepalm:

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

iPad 3.. there goes another kidney.

6. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

He'll regret it later, a kidney is worth more than that but it's really priceless for ones own health.

I watched a news program a few weeks back, China's need for more organ donations has increase a lot in recent years and of course some people are using illegal means to get it.

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Really a mad mad world. Wasn't this posted by someone else? it was on bbc.co.uk think it was posted via the chatbox

8. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Apple are clearly doing a good job at promoting their devices. the boy will regret it later though, can you imagine selling a kidney for a SNES... may seem awesome on the day but looking back now you would really :facepalm:

9. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

Obviously not smart enough to know that your health is more valuable than a gadget that will be considered an "older version" next year. I don't understand why he would think it's worth it. Just the thought of surgery never mind taking an organ out is scary.

10. spongy

spongy Well-Known Member

^
    So true, Apple really are one of the top marketers in the world. The demand of their products outstrips their supply with every new release, its crazy. I also think it has something to do with materialism that exists in the younger generation of China.

Video if anyone is interested:
    [video=youtube;4nv52eZWYy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nv52eZWYy4[/video]

11. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Technology becomes obsolete overtime, therefore price drops. Why not just work for the money and buy ipad 3? By the time you work, you would have enough money to get the newer version. :facepalm:

12. well he's not gonna have another kidney to sell once the ipad 3 comes out..

13. the hell would a 17yr old boy want with an ipad2..

he could have easily sold his body off to some child molester and kept his kidney. This kid is no different from girls selling their bodies to buy LV.. :facepalm:

uneducated.. and want to buy into the 'guai lo' hype..

he fuckin' lucky to be alive.. how'd he go about getting his kidney removed..

14. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

hes gota sell the second one windows tablet.

15. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

really sad. Wrote a big paper arguing against this.

16. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I think the point will be driven home once something falls onto his ipad and breaks it, or someone steals it; ie. he ain't got another to sell.

But, the problem here isn't that stupidity exists, but the combination of teenage stupidity with the social milieu of a society and government that only cares about making money with absolute disregard for any sense of ethics or morality. Only then will you have situations like this.

One seriously needs to think if such an incident could have occurred in another country. Or better yet, in which countries that such things could have happened? In this regard, despite China presently being the world's most economically powerful nation it nonetheless behaves with the moral turpitude of a say, a nation like Paraguay. IMHO, all the more reason to mourn the lost potential with the end of the Beijing Spring back in '89. :facepalm:

17. kevin

kevin RAWR!

+1

That's true, there is a hype amongst the teenagers of wanting designer stuff or products that make them 'cool'. At the end, is it worth it?

18. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

For him it is today, but tomorrow is another story, one likely filled with regret.

19. this is sad. i think ill hold onto my "spare" kidney for someone close to me who may need it

20. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

wonder if he sold his testicle for the smart cover?