China to have 800 missiles in 2006

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by KrAznGirl, Nov 19, 2005.

1. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

And Brits (who got their butts kicked by the U-S-of-A) are not because......?-innocent2

2. OSJ

OSJ Well-Known Member

our currency is strong haha =D, suckah lolzzzzzz

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Go China! w00p!

4. ahhamah

lol

5. RyanM

RyanM Member

Am I the only one that sees if China tries to take over Taiwan then not only will the U.S. step in but so will NATO (United Kingdom, Germany, France, etc) and Japan would most likely get in on the action too (and the U.S. would not say a thing about them fighting a offensive war, even through all the rest of Asia would sh*t and say Japan is going back to how it was pior WWII.) And don't think China would be able to just rush in and take it over in a day, you would be surprised how well trained the Taiwan military is, a big part of there training is against a possible attack from China. China would still have the problem of getting the troops over to Taiwan. They go by air and they get shot down by U.S. and Taiwan fighter planes. They go by sea they get attack by the Taiwan Navy, U.S. submarines (we do have some subs in that little area) and airplanes. I would not be as easy as some people think.

6. ahhamah

Can we just get real. China WILL NOT ATTACK. Ballistic missiles are used to counter other missiles. The economic ties between Taiwan/China/US is too strong for them to start a war.

Keep in mind no two countries with Mc Donalds locations has ever gone to war with one another.

Obviously the mentality is different in Tulsa. Obviously people don't see this happening anytime soon....I personally can't picture this happening in my lifetime. You have a very good imagination -clapclap

7. wongeh28

wongeh28 Member

well.... i guess we are all gonna end up killing each other one day.... this makes me sick..... peace

8. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

This is written as a good example of not understanding how wars are fought, and how world politics work. If China ever attacked Taiwan, all the foreign money will immediately leave Hong Kong because China will be percieved as a country that can't be trusted. Japan would freak, and the "Yankee go home" movements on Okinawa will become "put your nukes into silos right here please, arigato!" The Philippines will welcome Americans back with open arms; heck, they may vote to become a US state so that US nukes can be based there too, along with giving everyone American citizenship.

China, great economy right? But absolutely and totally dependent on exports. What do you think would happen if people just started to boycott Chinese products?

Or, how about the US takes out the shipping port facilities in Shanghai, Hong Kong, or any of their hard to defend coastal ports?

A war with the US would devastate China, not militarily, but politically and economically. A lot of very simple minded pro China Chinese just don't seem to understand that. If China decides to fight a war with the US, it may wind up causing itself to balkanize like the former Soviet Union. And don't assume it can't happen. Moreover, the western regions of China, which are arab, may take the opportunity to rise up against their repressive Han masters when the PLA is spread thin fighting the US and Taiwan.

And as for China "rushing in a million men..." Don't be ridiculous. They don't have that kind of air or sealift capability. Not even the US does. It took them nearly three months to get a quarter of million men into Saudi and Kuwait before attacking Iraq. Rush in a million men? Again, a pro China fantasy without logistics reality. Most of the Chinese amphibious troop carriers would be sunk before even getting close to Taiwan, and airborne soldiers are very hard and expensive to train. Moreover, airborne transport planes are slow as s.hit and easy to shoot down. If China ever invaded Taiwan, they may well lose over a million men before setting foot on the beach.

Ralph

#48 ralphrepo, Jan 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  9. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

That, and Wongeh28 should be fucking banned for spamming and bumping 7month old topics.

10. locustdd

locustdd Active Member

Nah ... China is not going to bomb Taiwan ... perhaps just threatening. Taiwan probably will not be able to hold by itself in the next 10-20 years as China rise to become a superpower.

11. freddybasset

freddybasset Active Member

Y didn't america want to belong to britain?... same thing

12. snoopy8888

snoopy8888 Well-Known Member

to do with war

13. haun

haun Well-Known Member

not many powerful countries will be on taiwan's side if they declare independence, except for maybe US. Don't be ridiculous about europe helping taiwan. europe were never the supporter of taiwan independence and they would probably think taiwan deserve getting bombed if they declare independence cuz they are clearing trying to stir up troubles and also europe are not that great friend of US so don't expect them to help US as well. europe might just stay out.

japan was never a good friend of china and they probably enjoy watching china dying out so i would expect them to help US.

you know what some of your problems are? you only think of one side scenario when a war broke out. you only think that china will be totally doomed if US and japan attack but you are just hiding the reality that US will get bombed to hell as well.

I seriously don't know what the taiwanese government's problem is by teaching the young generation ridiclous stuffs and anti china stuffs. they still get to govern their own territory, it's just that it will be recognised as part of china like HK. I hope taiwan change government soon and stop persuading with independence or else war is inevitable.

and don't be ridiculous about trust and that stuff. the only man that can not be trusted in taiwan president. he broke several of his promises he made during his presidency campaign.

14. naruto267

naruto267 Member

no way China is going to invade Taiwan. it more like China going to turn Taiwan through economic and political means. The missiles are just 4 show.

15. jallix

jallix Member

i agree with you. soon both parties will understand it. i just hope that taiwan would need help from mainland and the countries would be united again.