Catherine Chau to return to TVB with new series

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jun 24, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Amid rumours that Kevin Cheng will be making a TVB comeback through the new series, "Children's Hospital", it was reported that actress Catherine Chau will also be coming back through the said series.

As reported on Mingpao, the actress who departed from TVB in 2012 and had since been working freelance, reportedly will play one of the two female leading roles in the series aside from Linda Chung.

Having been in the industry for many years, Catherine had been playing only supporting roles throughout her time with TVB, until she was recognised through the drama "The Dance of Passion".

She then switched to Ricky Wong's HKTV and grabbed attention through her performance in "The Menu", which caused her popularity to soar. She was then cast as one of the leads in the ViuTV series, "Margaret and David - Green Bean" as well as "The Gutter".

Catherine also made another breakthrough when she was nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category at the 38th Hong Kong Film Awards through "Project Gutenberg", though losing to Kara Hui. She did win the 25th China Huading Awards with the same film.

When asked about the possibility of her comeback, Catherine stated that she is excited to work with her former colleagues and never had any ill-will against TVB for failing to promote her over the years.

"People may remember that I only play a small role when I was with TVB, but it is because of those times that I was able to learn a lot of things and put it into use," she said.

credits: yahoo.sg

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Surprised she comes back when TVB treated her like shit but good thing she has the bigger heart and will come back

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

How so? I did just finish the Menu, she was great in it. Also Kevin and Linda, I may watch it then, even though I usually don't watch hospital series...

4. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

Not really a fan of her. She said tvb didn't promote her in any way and that's why she left. Well, You have to know that people don't just promote anyone without the artists themselves earning it. Your acting is normal to okay, face is normal to average. How do expect people spent money to invest on someone that has mediocre level?