Cast Members of "A Fist Within Four Walls" Gain a Sudden Surge in Job Opportunities

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Aug 29, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

moon-lau-philip-ng-2016.jpg

The highly-anticipated ending for TVB’s latest hit drama A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英雄> finally pulled down its curtains on Sunday. Whether or not the series finale had brought the tale to a satisfying conclusion is up for debate, but there is no denying that the drama had pushed all the main cast to overnight levels of fame, supporting cast included.

A Fist Within Four Walls, produced by Jazz Boon (文偉鴻), is a manhua-styled kung fu drama about a young band of heroes and their exploits in protecting the Kowloon Walled City from falling into the hands of evil forces. The drama pushed main cast members Ruco Chan (陳展鵬), Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪), Philip Ng (伍允龍), Grace Wong (王君馨), and Moon Lau (劉佩玥) to become among the most-searched celebrities of the year. Even supporting cast members like Carlo Ng (吳家樂), Jimmy Au (歐瑞偉), Bella Lam (林穎彤), and Oscar Li (李嘉) are drowning in more and more job offers.

Philip Ng Turns Down Million-Dollar Offer with Moon Lau

Philip Ng’s “Lung Shing-fu” and Moon Lau’s “Audrey Or” are one of the most popular characters on the show, and their pairing is definitely among the most well-received. Many fans even hope to see Philip and Moon get together in real life, as the actors themselves admitted that they grew close after collaborating in Four Walls.

But it’s going to be a while until we get to see Philip and Moon together again. Due to Philip’s busy schedule of promoting his film Birth of the Dragon, the onscreen couple had no choice but to turn down many of their couple appearance offers, losing up to a million dollars.

Philip’s manager said, “It’s true that Philip got a lot more show offers [since Four Walls broadcast], but because of other work he had to turn them down.” (Lost a lot of money?) “You can’t really put it like that. The jobs we have at hand now were accepted a lot time ago, so we have to complete them before we do anything else.”

Moon said she doesn’t blame Philip for turning down the offers, saying, “I know he’s very busy. Our agencies will handle our future appearances. I’m sure there will be that opportunity!” (You just lost the chance to earn more though!) “It’s all about fate when it comes to this job!” (Will you get Philip to treat you for dinner?) “Of course I will! Because of Four Walls’s success, he’s going to have to treat me to more than one!”

At the celebration banquet for the Four Walls’ finale on Sunday, Moon and Philip were once again asked to comment on their dating rumors. Moon said, “We’re good friends. We worked together for over three months so we were around each other the most.”

Moon and Philip admitted to getting close on set. Even costar Yuen Qiu (元秋) thought they were dating. Has Philip started pursuing Moon yet? Moon said, “Nope!” (Many fans want you guys to be together!) “I know! But these things can’t just happen like in dramas.”

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. put philip in tvb comedy next :nikkitroll: i know he have a goofy side:kelefe:

many rumors with moon now lol last series was with bob cheung kid i guess she plays the GF part well...