Carat Cheung Marrying Lawyer Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Aug 1, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

carat-cheung-joe-choy-wedding.jpg

Ruby Lin (林心如) isn’t the only goddess who has gotten off the singles market.

On Friday (July 31), former Miss Hong Kong winner Carat Cheung (張名雅) dropped a surprising announcement on her social media that her boyfriend, lawyer Joe Choy, has proposed to her.

The 28-year-old shared a portrait of her and Joe looking lovingly at each other in the eyes on Facebook. She wrote, “He stole my heart. So I’m planning to take his last name.” She added the hash tags “the one”, “only one”, “our Joe Kamho Choy” and “thank you to the close friends who have kept this secret for us for a long time”.

Carat wasn’t actually the first person who broke the news. Her close friend, former Miss Hong Kong winner Toby Chan (陳庭欣), dropped a hint to the press earlier that day, revealing that a close friend of hers is getting engaged.

“She’s also a Miss Hong Kong.” (Same class?) “I can’t say.” (Pregnant?) “I don’t know, but her fiancé is not from the entertainment circle. She’s going to announce it soon. I’ve already tried out the bridesmaid gown!”

Indeed, Carat predictably dropped the big news a few hours later on Facebook. In a phone interview, Carat confirmed, “My boyfriend has proposed to me, and I said yes. I’m very happy. This is a very happy occasion! I will keep everyone updated. Thank you all for the blessings! We’ve been planning our wedding for a while now, and [Joe] has a great plan for it. Please give us some more privacy and space so we can plan it well.” (Rushing to get married because of a baby?) “That’s a bit of a stretch and in the far future. I don’t want to say more! I want to do what I need to do first. Very busy with the wedding right now.”

Numerous friends and colleagues rushed in to congratulate her, including Philip Ng (伍允龍) and Jacqueline Wong (黃心穎), the first runner-up of Carat’s MHK year. “Congratulations once again!” Jacqueline commented on Facebook. “Haha puts pressure on everyone [in] our Miss HK Year!”

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. she looks and sounds happy Congrats!