Can't play Avi second part of the movie in "VLC media Player"

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by jigixv783, Dec 13, 2006.

1. jigixv783

jigixv783 Well-Known Member

I have downloaded the second part of a movie file from megaupload and renamed the file to Drink Drank Drunk (2005) [XviD].002.avi but can't play it on "VLC media player"... I also tried playing the first movie file and it worked perfectly.
    Does it mean i would have burn all the movie file to Dvd and watch it there?
    Also I have downloaded the 2nd and 3rd part of the movie and either of them play on “VLC Media player”. Only the first part of the movie played.

And i have tried "Hjsplit" to join the files together but the file doesn't appear on hjsplit..
    But how do i join all three movie files? i used hjsplit but the problem is that the file couldn't be found on hjspilt. i think it might be that i ruined the file because i played the first one and couldn't play the second or the third...
    Does that mean i have to download all the files and use hjsplit before playing the movie...
    Any advice.. thanks

#1 jigixv783, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  2. Yuhsuke

Yuhsuke Well-Known Member

no, the problem is becasue the second file is corrupted. Go get the person to reupload it, or check if his orginal 2nd half was corrupted.

3. jigixv783

jigixv783 Well-Known Member

But it went all the way to 100% so how was it corrupted i also get the 3rd part of the movie file and couldn't play it.